Annoying New Trick!

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 9 year old indoor/outdoor is loving the warm weather as always. Unfortunately, she is now meowing by the front door so I'll come out and pet her. Doesn't want to come in at all. Probably. No way to tell if *this time* she is finally ready. Have to try and ignore her so this doesn't become a thing. Bad enough to be a door opening service, but I am not on beck and call for insta-pets! Not unless she wants to come in and sit by me anyways.

With the sliding glass door in the back its even more puzzling, since I don't go out and pet her there. The stairs are not as comfy as they are in front. So she looks at you like she wants to come in, you open the door and ... nothing!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My cats do that too. We have an microchip catdoor and they will trigger it just to have us open the door. The locking mechanism is loud enough that you can usually hear it if you are just working in the kitchen. Sometimes they trigger it, wait for you to open the door then just sit there looking out on things.

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats do that too. We have an microchip catdoor and they will trigger it just to have us open the door. The locking mechanism is loud enough that you can usually hear it if you are just working in the kitchen. Sometimes they trigger it, wait for you to open the door then just sit there looking out on things.
So, um, your cats have you clicker trained?