Annie

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sweet little ferret girl, full of giggles, passed away yesterday.

She'd had a mast cell tumor pop up several weeks ago. We were advised by the vet to keep an eye on it and we'd remove it if it grew and/or irritated her.

This last week it grew alot and she was very irritated and chewed it to the point of breaking it open and bleeding. We scheduled surgery for removal of the mass yesterday morning.

Thursday night I was palpating and noticed under what we believed was probably a mast cell, two smaller tumors and then a large round one on the same side of her body in her armpit. I feared something more sinister like lymphoma was happening.

Dr. Monroe palpated these before her scheduled surgery and we decided to remove these as well and send them to the lab to see if they were benign or not.

Her surgery was successful and she was starting to wake from the anesthesia and they called me to come pick her up yesterday afternoon.

Me and Trin were in the car leaving home when my phone rang again. It was her doctor telling me that Annie had suddenly just passed away. She'd tried to revive her but she wouldn't come back. The staff were just as surprised as me.

It's unknown the exact cause; I am not having a necropsy done. However the possibliities are a bad reaction to anesthesia, a blood clot breaking loose and killing her instantly, or maybe an underlying disease we hadn't discovered yet.

Now that I think of it, this was just like Annie. She hopped so quickly into my life and in the same manner she left. I could never imagine her growing old or suffering a chronic illness. I guess in a way i was right. That just wasn't her style in this life.

Me and Trin went to the vet after the call because I wanted to hold her one last time before they sent her off for cremation.

Annie, I will miss you. You were one of the few things that could make me smile or laugh when life wasn't bearable.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so terribly sorry you lost your sweet Annie.  You certainly did all you could for her. 

You are in my prayers.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rest in peace little Annie. :rbheart: She sounds like quite the character and I'm sure memories of her will make you smile for many years to come.