Animoda Carny Kitten Feeding Guide??

LeifwiththeLiner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,

So I’ve finally got my little boy Leif Animoda Carny Kitten food and he absolutely loves it and has done wonders for his health according to our vets!

He currently eats around 400g a day split between 4 meals (he’s about 12 weeks old but has been very underweight so has a little catching up to do).

I was just wondering what is the recommend amount of Animoda Carny Kitten food per day for kittens of various ages, I just can’t seem to find anything?
Also if you feed Animoda Carny adult food, how much do you guys feed a day?

Thanks everyone!
Cat (I know, I have the purrfect name for being a cat mum 😂)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I was just wondering what is the recommend amount of Animoda Carny Kitten food per day for kittens of various ages, I just can’t seem to find anything?
As far as I know, you don't have to follow the feeding instructions on the can whether you see it or not. It's just a guide. Since your kitty is a kitten, follow the call of the kitty's tummy and feed him as much as he can eat at one sitting and feed him 4 - 5 times a day. Don't go by the weight of food per day.
As long as you are feeding him kitten food, a kitten needs at least 300 calories a day as they are very active and energetic and they burn off calories very fast. See if you can find a calorie count for the can that you are feeding him with. Kitten wet food is full of nutrients and proteins which is essential in the formative year of the kitten. And wet food keeps the kitten hydrated.

If calories are complicated, do it the easy way, feed him as much as he can eat at one sitting. You can't overfeed a kitten. Once he's full, he'll stop eating and that's roughly the amount he'll eat each time and also gauge how many times he'll eat a day and from there, you'll know each day he'll eat how many times and how much at one go.

If the can is strictly meant for kitten, you may feed him till a year old (normal breeds matures at one year old while bigger breeds matures at 2 - 4 years old) and slowly transit over to adult's food. He'll go through growth spurt when he's around 7 months on to a year old where his food intake will increase and after that into one year old, food intake will taper down and he'll need around 200 - 250 calories each day if he's a strictly indoor cat, depending on his activeness.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Just for a guideline: my daughter has a small, but muscular, British Short Hair, mostly indoor but he does go outside when supervised, and he eats one 200g can per day divided between three mealtimes. My daughter works days and her husband works nights, so there's always someone at home to sleep next to! (Except on their free days/nights when the poor cat is most disappointed - as nobody wants to sleep with him! :) )