Anima strath+recovery from Pseudomonas

D33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,
My 6 years old cat is been given ongoing treatment for pseudomonas infection .
He is now on a second round of Marbofloxacin for almost three weeks.
I consulted my vet regarding Anima strath, after I heard great things about it, in trying to find a way to strengthen my cat's immune system, and he said that we can try this supplement for him.
Problem is my cat doesn't want in any way to eat food or drink water that contains it, the smell of it is very strong and he knows right away that
something is different with his food.
I tried also give it to him with tuna, but even that doesn't help, does anybody have any advice for me? how did you succeed in giving your cat Anima strath?
Thanks for any help!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am unfamiliar with Anima Strath but looked at their website. It seems to come in three formulations, one of which is a tablet. There are also granules but I don't know how big they are.

For an unpleasant liquid, I usually try to use a very strong smelling food. Fiona would take meds with BFF pouches. The only other option I can think of is what I do for my dog who refused to take almost anything that he can smell and is elderly and on a number of meds. I buy gelatine capsules and crush the tablets and fill the capsules. Capsules come in various sizes and you could find something cat sized. However, liquids cannot be put in a capsule and, depending on how much he needs, you may end up filling a number of capsules which will probably also put your cat off.

Others will hopefully have a suggestion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

D33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am unfamiliar with Anima Strath but looked at their website. It seems to come in three formulations, one of which is a tablet. There are also granules but I don't know how big they are.

For an unpleasant liquid, I usually try to use a very strong smelling food. Fiona would take meds with BFF pouches. The only other option I can think of is what I do for my dog who refused to take almost anything that he can smell and is elderly and on a number of meds. I buy gelatine capsules and crush the tablets and fill the capsules. Capsules come in various sizes and you could find something cat sized. However, liquids cannot be put in a capsule and, depending on how much he needs, you may end up filling a number of capsules which will probably also put your cat off.

Others will hopefully have a suggestion.
Hi fionasmom! thank you for your reply, I also read about the tablet, but I can't get them where I live, we can only get here the liquid form.
I am not familar with BFF pouches... I understand that it is a wet cat food? Also, Kudos for finding a creative way that works for you to get your dog take his meds...
I will try to buy a new can of wet food and will try to give him the Anima strath with it, I'm feeding him for now dry food which he loves.
Thank you for your advice!🙏

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
BFF is simply a brand of cat food, made by Weruva I think, which comes in a small pouch and has a very strong fish flavor and odor. You can probably find something similar if you look around or possibly online.

• Hugging
Reactions: D33
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

D33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
BFF is simply a brand of cat food, made by Weruva I think, which comes in a small pouch and has a very strong fish flavor and odor. You can probably find something similar if you look around or possibly online.
Thank you for your reply, I will look for something similar. cross fingers for me It will work!:runningcat: