Angus' first vet visit

bshcatlover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, a couple of days ago I notice a little more ocular discharge in his right eye than I would've like, but I wasn't sure if that was just me being an over-obsessive/hypochondriac-type owner or it was really there, so I decided to wait and see. It didn't clear up by Monday night so Tuesday morning I called the clinic to make an appointment for him and the earliest time they had available was Wednesday.

So, I brought him in today and Angus had eye stain put in his eye to see if he had any ulcers from playing too roughly with Jaffa Cake. He was clear of ulcers, so we were sent home with some antibiotic eye gel and have a re-check appointment in a week. But the vet said otherwise, he has a clean bill of health!

I took this photo of him when we got home and he just looks so sad and dejected, I thought I'd share with you! He's squinting his affected eye and you can still see the stain in the corner of his eye.

My poor baby. I bribed him with lots of treats when we got home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bshcatlover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I start the eye meds tonight, so I'm hoping I will see results in a few days...

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's so adorable!
May I ask who his parents are/what lines is he from? (You can PM me if you don't want to write them here).
One member here was looking for a BSH kitten and asked me about a breeder in US and what I thought about them, turned out the breeder's silver shaded stud was my Kuura's half-brother.
World is a small place, specially when it comes to this color in this breed.

bshcatlover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HaHa, it definitely is! I pretty much looked into every black-tipped BSH breeder in the UK before getting him.

I got him from Pennydown British Shorhairs and Exotics in England. His dad is Ch. Pennydown Navarre and his mom is Pennydown Snowexcuse. He was one in a litter of three, his brother was show quality and his sister was breeding quality and then there was him
, but I couldn't be happier with him!

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's is gorgeous! Feel better soon, Agus!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BSHcatLover

HaHa, it definitely is! I pretty much looked into every black-tipped BSH breeder in the UK before getting him.

I got him from Pennydown British Shorhairs and Exotics in England. His dad is Ch. Pennydown Navarre and his mom is Pennydown Snowexcuse. He was one in a litter of three, his brother was show quality and his sister was breeding quality and then there was him
, but I couldn't be happier with him!
I'm actually surprised that he doesn't seem to be related to my cats.
I can see that his father has strong Persian lines, couldn't find anything about the mom though.
I really like his broad nose, that's something I like to see in Brits.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BSHcatLover

My poor baby. I bribed him with lots of treats when we got home!
Aww, well that makes it all better then hehe. What a cute little guy.

allroundthesun

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwww, poor baby.
Such a heart-breaking picture, but such an absolutely adorable little guy nonetheless.
Feel better soon, Angus!

bshcatlover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Angus would like to thank all of you for the well wishes.

It has been 2 days since I started the eye ointment and his eye is looking a lot better, not that it slowed him down at all or stopped him from harassing Jaffa.

But, as you can see, he is a lot less squinty and there's not very much discharge coming from his eye anymore, so hopefully another few days and he will be in tip-top shape.