Angel's Eyes wipes

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have tried both the powder you mix into the food as well as the wipes. I think the powder (which is more expensive) doesn't work too well but, the wipes have made a difference. I wipe/wash Theodore's face every morning using damp cotton rounds and then I wipe the folds along his nose and under his eyes with the Angel's Eyes wipes. After wiping with the wipes I dry the area with a tissue. I have seen a noticeable improvement.
Angle's Eyes wipes

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just curious, as I've even thought about cleaning Ruby's face. Is this something specific to Persians / long haired cats?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He stil has a little bit of staining but, it is much better. The problem with Theo is that the fur under his eyes has dark streaks and his tears darken them. I also use my "flea" comb on the fine side to comb out some of the crud wiping misses. Sometimes I wash his face more than once a day. It is important to keep the folds along his nose dry so they don't get infected.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just curious, as I've even thought about cleaning Ruby's face. Is this something specific to Persians / long haired cats?
I think it has something to do with the pug face. Also, if they get the herpes virus, which is common in cats, they will weep more. My last Persian/Himalayan didn't tear at all. My others did to some extent.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the explanation. Your many furbabies over the years are all gorgeous, btw. :redheartpump:
I've just been a sucker for the Persians and now the Himalayans all my life. Something about the face and I love the long, soft fur. They also have such neat personalities compared to the cats we had growing up. We had cats, dogs, hamsters, mice, chickens, rabbits, and my brother even had chickens. But, I always liked the Persians and knew i would have to have one when I could. I got kicked out of my apartment for my first Persian. LOL I refused to give Christopher up so I had to find a new home.

Christopher is the one on the extreme right in my banner