Angel Has Cystitis AGAIN (3rd time in 5 mo.s!)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: That's awesome! :clap: What a relief to finally be on the right track. :bigthumb:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Thanks girls!" I am so happy!!!
   I also plan on starting to cut his Amitriptyline (5mg) in half to wean him down, & hopefully off. I don't think there is any reason that he would stress about anything,

until I go back to work that is.(maybe, I probably make more of a big deal about it because I feel guilty when I leave him...gotta stop that!!)  he's getting used to me being here at home.

(originally it was given to him more for the anti-spasmodic reason but the anti-anxiety didn't hurt, "just in case.")

He just doesn't play that much at all anymore when he's on it. "I miss my silly boy!"

giselleanne82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope every one had a merry Christmas.
I ended up somewhere I didn't want to be. The animal E.R.
Angel went to the litter box fine about 8:30am. a good amount. Then again 3 more times w/ little to no results in the same hour.
The last two times he threw up all of his breakfast, big time!! So, off we went to the hospital.
We were there from 11:30-almost 2:30. Surprisingly, (or maybe not)  they were busy.
They took an X-Ray just to make sure there were no blockages, & there wasn't.
They gave him some anti-nausea meds & a shot for pain, & sent us home w/ more. It's a sub-lingual, buuprenorphine. His bladder was empty, so they weren't able to get a sample to do any more test.
We have an appt. w/ his vet tomorrow morning. He is urinating, so is okay until then. He used the litter box some time this morning between 5:00 & 7:30.
I am just feeling so defeated!!!! :sniffle:   I don't know why he would keep getting these!
The first time in Aug. it was bacteria related.  The 2nd time in Oct. it was not.
His p.H. has been fine every time, so that's not the reason.
He eats good grain free food, Bravo Complete raw burgers, & Before the Grain beef, or turkey, 
w/ filtered water mixed in for even more moisture, because of this problem.
Nothing major has happened as far as stress.
No dry food At ALL!  His treats are freeze dried beef (Vital Essentials) (or Pure bites freeze dried turkey).
I just don't know what else I can do.  :dk:
I have resisted the Rx food from the vet's for this because it's crap! Corn, wheat gluten, by products...chicken, which will make him more itchy. (because it's warming & he has damp heat according to a holistic vet) (was chewing raw spots)
BUT, at this point, I feel like I really may not have a choice. AND it's more expensive that his good food!! :sigh:
(Thank god for Care Credit, but after all three rounds of this, it's going to have a balance over a grand!) :(  

I just want my baby better, so he doesn't go through this any more!
His last pain meds were given at 10:45 last night, so I was going to give him his next dose, (12hrs) but decided to wait & see how he seems.
I think they kept him up all night. He was up all day yesterday & he usually sleeps at night, but was WIDE awake every time I checked on him last night. Laying down, but head up, & because of the meds, pupils BIG!  He needs to sleep, but I don't want to give him the meds if they will just keep him stimulated & he won't rest. I don't want him to be uncomfortable either. :dk:
I just checked on him, he is finally laying down on my pillows, on the bed, but still awake. Hopefully he will sleep soon. :cross:

I appreciate any in-site from you all & sure could use lots of hugs!! :sniffle:  My heart is just so heavy over this. It has to stop happening!
Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading.

Kelly
My baby boy Beesh is going through this too! He was blocked and spent the night in the hospital Wednesday:( now I'm bringing him back to my vet tomorrow morning. He hasn't peed in 12 hrs. Maybe a drop. He's on pain meds too. I hope I don't have to put him down:( he's just so sad and I wanna keep helping him but I don't know if it'll ever end and how much money it will take...