Angel Cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
*AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW* Yes, aren't we blessed to have digital cameras and phones and instant and unlimited photo-taking and -storing abilities?
Thank you on behalf of cats and those who care for them, for your donating.
Yes, sweet Nikki T. was our big yellow king. He left us just about a year after we moved here. He found me as a tiny stray and I originally thought he was a girl, so gave him a girl's name. When I was set straight, he became King Nicolas T. (for "The") Cat. In his prime, he weighed in at 22 lbs. As a kitten, before I brought him in, he used to catch and eat orange butterflies and I joked that he did that thinking it would make him more orange. He was a very, very sweet guy!
View attachment 262783*Angel, King Nicolas T. Cat in the Mojave, crossing his arms in regal fashion.*:redheartpump:
Wow, Nicolas was a big boy!! He does look very regal in that pic!
Hotaru is my biggest, she's close to 12 lbs now. C'est Moi is 10.6 lbs and Olivie is around 9 lbs.
Henri was a big boy for a young kitty, he weighed around 11 lbs when he was healthy. My Mon Amie was just a little one, she was only around 7 lbs. I sure do miss them!!
Here's Mon Amie giving Henri a bath; this pic is from shortly after she was spayed...that's why her tummy is shaved.
SAM_4689.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Nicolas was a big boy!! He does look very regal in that pic!
Hotaru is my biggest, she's close to 12 lbs now. C'est Moi is 10.6 lbs and Olivie is around 9 lbs.
Henri was a big boy for a young kitty, he weighed around 11 lbs when he was healthy. My Mon Amie was just a little one, she was only around 7 lbs. I sure do miss them!!
Here's Mon Amie giving Henri a bath; this pic is from shortly after she was spayed...that's why her tummy is shaved.
View attachment 262821
Such a sweet and adorable little girl Mon Amie was, bathing handsome panther king Henri! Those are good weights for cats. Twenty-two pounds is too big -- he really packed on the pounds very young. I have some 35mm shots of him when he was at his largest. He was a long, tall, big-boned guy, but he was overweight. He did slim down, though, which is good.
scan0007.jpg
I found one that I'd scanned! Angel Nikki T. was at his largest here. As you can see, he really was too girth-y.:redtabby:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Such a sweet and adorable little girl Mon Amie was, bathing handsome panther king Henri! Those are good weights for cats. Twenty-two pounds is too big -- he really packed on the pounds very young. I have some 35mm shots of him when he was at his largest. He was a long, tall, big-boned guy, but he was overweight. He did slim down, though, which is good.
View attachment 262822I found one that I'd scanned! Angel Nikki T. was at his largest here. As you can see, he really was too girth-y.:redtabby:
Nikki looks almost like a little lion laying there with his orange fur! It looks like he had lots of fun toys to play with, and that blue cat tree looks like the same one that my cats have.
I am trying to watch Hotaru's weight because she seems to be getting a little big, primarily in the belly area. She is very active, and she loves to run and jump and play. I think she may have the genetics of one of the larger-size cat breeds, maybe one of her parents was from one of the big breeds. I don't know anything about her background because she came to me as a stray kitten. She does have ear tufts, which is kind of unusual for a domestic short hair.
IMG_3178.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki looks almost like a little lion laying there with his orange fur! It looks like he had lots of fun toys to play with, and that blue cat tree looks like the same one that my cats have.
I am trying to watch Hotaru's weight because she seems to be getting a little big, primarily in the belly area. She is very active, and she loves to run and jump and play. I think she may have the genetics of one of the larger-size cat breeds, maybe one of her parents was from one of the big breeds. I don't know anything about her background because she came to me as a stray kitten. She does have ear tufts, which is kind of unusual for a domestic short hair.
View attachment 262923
Hotaru is absolutely adorable with her furnishings (ear tufts)! But you're right -- she is rather propPURRous :kneading:I love the look of chubby cats, but I know it isn't the best way for them to be. Nikki did get massive. One of my many nicknames for him was the Lion Kinglet :winkcat: and he was just about cub-size, too :winkcat:
Oh, it's funny you mention that tree. It was bought all beige, but the vertical surfaces got clawed to shreds, so we replaced them with that carpet sample which was a blend of blue/green/purple. It was a floor-to-ceiling tree, but unfortunately it fell a lot, due to our many very active cats taking running jumps on it :climbcat::runningcat:. Fortunately no one was ever hurt, but it was a problem.