anesthesia- help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Livndedgirl

Lulu
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you perhaps close her in the bedroom while you vacuum the rest of the house, and then vacuum in there with the door closed?
Yes, that's most likely what I'll have to do. She's always been scared of the vacuum so this should be a challenge. my hopes are that I can have someone here that can siit with her in my bedroom while I vacuum.

Livndedgirl

Lulu
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I was just sitting here thinking about that whole debacle with Lu a cpl months ago and thinking of how many of you reached out with encouragement, prayers, etc.. I wanted to just stop by and thank everyone! it has been a cpl challenging months with Lu. She did loose her vision 😭 I don't think it was directly related to the tooth issues she had. It has been extremely sad, I was so angry to see her blind, still am. prior to her tooth issue, I noticed some odd behavior. she began pacing and when just sitting she would suddenly look up as if something caught her eye or startled her. I had been making changes around my house because I was due to have knee replacement, which I canceled to care for Lu..I had to move the bed, which is her spot and pull up rugs around the house so no trip hazard when using a walker. I thought she was anxious about all of this becuz cats do not like change. I recall one evening looking at her and thinking, "her eyes looked odd". they were dialted when they really shouldn't have been. then the tooth thing happened. I asked my vet and they said it could be from pain meds and wait and see, well...here we are. She is adjusting but it's taking time. she still wants to play but of course it's been difficult but I make sure to play some every evening. oh and she's put on some weight from eating more! ugh.. She has an appt with the cat Opthalmologist on March 16th. So that's the update and again, I cannot express enough how thankful I am for all of you 😻😻😻

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am concerned about you, though. You come first and it would be great if you did go ahead and get the surgery and perhaps have a teen come over and do the food and litterbox everyday to care for your kitty while you are in rehab? Perhaps someone could take her in for a few weeks while you are on the mend?
Many communities across the country have a list called Nextoor.com and teens advertise for such jobs.
I know it is so hard to care for the kitty and postpone our own health care..been there. Take Care. :redheartpump:

Livndedgirl

Lulu
Young Cat
Purraise
I am concerned about you, though. You come first and it would be great if you did go ahead and get the surgery and perhaps have a teen come over and do the food and litterbox everyday to care for your kitty while you are in rehab? Perhaps someone could take her in for a few weeks while you are on the mend?
Many communities across the country have a list called Nextoor.com and teens advertise for such jobs.
I know it is so hard to care for the kitty and postpone our own health care..been there. Take Care. :redheartpump:
Oh, I'm ok! I could have rescheduled right away but to be honest, I was not in any rush to have the surgery. I'm actually doing quite well right now. I've lost 11 pounds, which takes alot of pressure off my knees and started taking collagen which seems to actually helping with joints. When Lu was sick I had found a cat sitting place called Meowtel. I found a girl who lives near me and I took a chance and sent her a message asking if she would be willing to just help me a couple times a day to give Lu her meds and she agreed. She was great and very helpful. when I have surgery in the future, I will definitely contact her again! thank you for your concern, I appreciate that 🤗

Livndedgirl

Lulu
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update!

Do you have paper/raffia balls? those make a rustly, crinkly sound that she could work with :)
I have so many toys for her. She hates anything that makes noise! she hates boxes and paper bags. she's a very odd kitty...lol She, once in a great while, would play with the crinkle balls. she would carry it around in her mouth and meow! it was very cute. she has never been big on playing either. just a few minutes and she was done but she would run around the house, zoomies, quite often but unfortunately can't do that now. she is a cat who loves sitting in window just staring at the neighborhood and watching the dog next door. I've been trying to train her to trot and hopefully run from the hallway to den, it's a clear path. she's done it a couple times now but of course she's very hesitant.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Keep working with her, and try not to change anything in the house, especially now while she's relearning her territory. What's under her paws, her sense of hearing and smell will make up the difference.

Try the crinkle balls, not just to play but to help her hear the path by hearing them roll.

Livndedgirl

Lulu
Young Cat
Purraise
Keep working with her, and try not to change anything in the house, especially now while she's relearning her territory. What's under her paws, her sense of hearing and smell will make up the difference.

Try the crinkle balls, not just to play but to help her hear the path by hearing them roll.
definitely not moving things. I have found that the feliway calming spray help her when she gets confused. if I spray a path, she follows it. she's done quite well in finding her way and when I get home from work, I'll say "mommies home"! she'll come trotting into kitchen and once I'm in, I'll tell her to "show me" and she'll lead the way to the bedroom to get a brushing.