Andy And The Feral Cat Shelter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Poor Trey Trey! That must have been very scary for him, but he's going to have a much longer, safer and more peaceful life as a neutered cat than he would have had as a tom.

They're both so handsome! Lovely markings and long thick tails.

Are Tyger's kittens still around? It's so sad about one of them being killed by a dog.

:frown:

What are your plans, do you think you will be able to catch them soon?

You did such a great job with Andy, so I guess you'll be able to tame these new little ones without too much trouble.

Thanks for the update.

:rock:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Q2U

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
...Are Tyger's kittens still around? It's so sad about one of them being killed by a dog...
We have not seen Tyger's kittens in nearly a week...we fear they have been taken by the raccoons.
smiley28.gif

Better thought: someone may have found them and has given them a loving home.
smiley27.gif

Q2U

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We trapped "Fluffy B" this evening (AKA "Fluff", "Fluffer", "Fluff Fluff" and "Fluffer Nutter"). Fluff is our favorite (and most friendly) feral...he's off to be neutered tomorrow. Poor Fluffer. We feel real bad for him.
smiley19.gif

Fluff is #9...the last member of the colony to be neutered.

Fluff.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Fluff is gorgeous! Don't feel bad for him, at least he won't spend his life roaming around and getting into fights now.

Fingers crossed for some happy news about the kittens.

:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

Q2U

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow!!! You did it! You got them all. That is just fantastic. You should be so proud. You have done a wonderful thing for these cats.
Thank you...but these cats have actually done more for us than we have done for them.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love it! I too had a possum that used to get into the cat shelters. One winter I had a rubbermaid shelter with a heat pad under my deck for one of the ferals to use. I kept a dish towel on top of the heat pad as I was always having to wash it from their dirty feet. The towels kept disappearing. I had to put a camera on the shelter to see what was happening. Every few nights a possum was coming into the shelter and sleeping there for an hour or so. She would then pull the towel out of the shelter and take it with her. There must have been a nest of them somewhere. I never did find them!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, those are some big, furry ferals!

It's a good job they're just play fighting. I bet those guys can be fierce when they want to be. But everyone has been fixed now, right? So there won't be any "To the death" tom-cat fights?

Q2U

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, those are some big, furry ferals!

It's a good job they're just play fighting. I bet those guys can be fierce when they want to be. But everyone has been fixed now, right? So there won't be any "To the death" tom-cat fights?
Yes, they are big cats because they are fluff balls and because they were fed very well (by us!) from the moment their mother weaned them. They are all from the same litter and they’ve been together their entire lives (8 months?). They’ve all been spayed or neutered and they’ll be no bloody fights I’m sure. :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's good. Mine all play together like kittens, even though they're all 5 or older now. getting them fixed when they're young seems to do that.

:thumbsup:

Q2U

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ohdee cleans himself inside the feral cat shelter...