And I thought I had a cat fixation

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
From today’s news
A woman on a Delta Airlines flight reportedly began to breastfeed her cat during the flight and refused to stop when confronted by the crew.

According to Newsweek, the incident happened on a flight between Syracuse, New York and Atlanta.

A now-viral message posted on social media shows a screenshot of a Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) message from the pilot to the ground, which says “Req. Redcoat meet AC Pax (passenger) in (seat) 13A is breastfeeding a cat and will not put cat back in its carrier when FA (flight attendant) requested.”

Red Coats are “elite airport customer service experts,” according to Delta, who were requested to meet the woman once the plane landed.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! It's bad enough when I get a bite from my 11 month old (who only has two teeth!), can't imagine putting a cat's mouth there. :fear:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even just that little sandpapery tongue. . . *shudder*. No, no, I don't like that idea one bit!

Lol, it doesn't sound like the cat was too happy about it either. I wonder if she was being purposely obnoxious or if she has a mental health problem.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I highly doubt that the cat wanted that at all. People like that make me feel relatively normal. There are a lot of things I would do for my cats but this is not one of them. I'm fairly certain that they are fine with this.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw this and that is some weird stuff there. It was a Sphynx cat and she even had it wrapped up like a baby. At first the Stewardess thought it was a baby and didn't think anything of it. It wasn't long before the cat started loudly protesting the situation.