Anal glands bleeding?

momhooker3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My sweet girl has had these for a few weeks. I just noticed that when she sits on the tile/counter that there are bloody spots from them. They don’t seem to bother her. Her poops are normal and she doesn’t drag her bottom on the carpet…any idea what they could be?
407DA8EE-599A-4C9C-930D-9F914C60AA66.jpeg

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There could be an infection in her anal glands. I would take her to the vet and get the glands expressed and then discuss the possibility of them being infected and perhaps a round of antibiotics.

Until you get an appointment you can wipe the area gently with a soft tissue and some diluted betadine. This won't fix the issue if there is an infection but it can help keep the area clean and disinfect it somewhat.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What you think could be blood might actually be anal gland secretions. At any rate, as mentioned above, best to have a vet check her. You can also send a pic to the vet and ask for their opinion.

If your vet cannot see her right away, ask if you could be a 'walk in' and have a vet tech take a look. Some techs are trained to express the glands, but some others may not be. It might also be that once you are there and a vet tech takes a look, one of the vets may take a minute in between appts. to take a look themselves.