An unusual gathering

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd just returned from an errand and came across this gathering at the top of my street. I got chatting to a few of them and they said that they got the group together for a trip out and pub crawl in the surrounding area.
The landlord of the pub has just taken it over and must have been overjoyed at the sudden cash input during these difficult times.
For a little while I wistfully thought of joining them and leaving the rat race behind.

IMG_1312.JPG
IMG_1302.JPG
IMG_1303.JPG
IMG_1304.JPG
IMG_1307.JPG
IMG_1309.JPG
IMG_1310.JPG

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks fun!! Every now and then I see someone ride a horse down my street. And we find some horseshoe prints on the trail at the park near us. But I've never seen a group out like that! :lol2: Harness racing is supposed to be a thing around here.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a large traveller community here and such scenes are pretty familiar! We have a field of shire horses at the end of my road who are owned by the local traveller community and they are beautiful and very friendly - will always welcome carrots if you bring some!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What great pictures! When I was a teenager I used to go on a summer ride from the local stables across the fields, stop for lunch in a pub, then ride back home again.

One of us always used to fall off on the way home.

Cider and ponies don't mix!

:lol: