An ear-ry problem...

myrnafaye

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, cat parents. My new Kitty Binx seems to be holding one of his ears slightly to the side. He is not scratching, no head tilting or shaking, and no balance issues. He was boarded and quarantined for a week before I brought him home (at the vet's) and got a wellness exam, so I am wondering what this could be. I do not see anything when I look in his ear but he is not fond of allowing me to do a thorough inspection. Thoughts?? ( I will call the vet Monday AM in any case...)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That was my thought, as well, but the vet should have caught that. How old is he? Is he a rescue? If so, he may have had a prior injury that causes him to hold that ear "wonky."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myrnafaye

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is about one year old. He was a stray I believe before he was transported from a shelter in Oklahoma to a shelter in Wisconsin where I adopted him. So several vets have looked at him.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd ask the vet if he saw anything during the quarantine, and if his ears were checked. Since he was almost certainly a stray, I'm kinda thinking that this might have been a prior injury.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd ask the vet if he saw anything during the quarantine, and if his ears were checked. Since he was almost certainly a stray, I'm kinda thinking that this might have been a prior injury.