Amputee Needs A Home

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best friend has been feeding a stray that lives around her house. Yesterday, she couldn't find him. Today, she found him hiding in a bush.

He was badly injured. She got him to a vet and he's losing a leg. His tail was injured, but it was just a flesh wound. His hip was out of socket.

He may have been caught in a trap or hit by a car.

He clearly can't continue to live outside and my friend can't take him in because both of her daughters are allergic. They could pet him if they washed their hands immediately, but living him with him would make them sick.

He's in Amarillo, TX. I'm in Missouri and already one car above my apartment's pet limit. We've been able to hide him for 3 years, but I don't think we can hide another one. Help, please! received_3117563091860825.jpeg

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure the vet clinic knows he needs a home. Vets are usually great at finding homes for pets.

Try Facebook and all the local pet pages, see if you can find all the nearby cat rescues.

I've always heard it's actually easier to find a home for an amputee, because of the sympathy factor.

I hope he finds a home super fast! He looks like a sweet boy.
:vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend has reached out to one Facebook group to get help for the vet bill. The vet is actually an old friend of hers who discounted it from over $1000 to $450. The amputation will happen either tomorrow or Monday, depending on how he is tomorrow, and he'll have to stay at the clinic for a week.

My friend says he's a very sweet kitty. Another friend of hers helped get him out of the bush and to the vet. He didn't fight or struggle and stayed calmly on her lap for the whole trip.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty is out of surgery. He lost his tail, too. When they had him sedated, they were able to get a better look. It was broken in 2 places and the cut was pretty deep. But he made it through surgery.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We still haven't found him a home. My friend has asked the vet, reached out to all the local rescues, posted him on many pet pages.

This is getting urgent. He'll be released from the vet soon with nowhere to go.

My friend and her daughters went to see him yesterday and her 3 year old's face is still swollen after that short visit.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is great news! Thank you for posting and for trying to help this cat.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm sorry, I completely forgot to update.
A woman who fosters cats was looking to adopt a special needs cat and she was directed to my friend. She adopted Bo and my friend gets occasional pictures of him living his best life.