Amorous Turkeys!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
My driveway has somehow become a mating dance thruway. The Big Gobblers came first, shimmying & shuffling all over the place, while a rather panicked looking hen sought refuge under my truck. That gave way to the frustrated younger males, who took to pecking their reflection in my bumper. Wondering if others are busy brooming away turkeys struttin’ their stuff! 🦃

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, I just read this aloud to my partner and he said the description is at least as good, maybe better than a video :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness!! Any chance you can get a video if this occurs again?
B7E8AC6D-8823-428E-BBE4-742BCEA760F3.jpeg
Well, no video, but the 3 frustrated dudes below are in no way allowed above where the coveted flat part is, reserved for the big male and all the ladies. Really, they are like, dinosaur big. (Car parked well away from photo ‘til courtship season is finito).

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
As a PS they are now as one all feverishly curious about my long handled black bristled outdoor broom, which must, I guess, look like a turkey: they are one by one VERY cautiously poking it to see if it’s alive.

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
One just took off sounding like 100 feather dusters or one very rusty helicopter: “fuf fuf fuf fuf…SMACK!” into a tree.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My driveway has somehow become a mating dance thruway. The Big Gobblers came first, shimmying & shuffling all over the place, while a rather panicked looking hen sought refuge under my truck. That gave way to the frustrated younger males, who took to pecking their reflection in my bumper. Wondering if others are busy brooming away turkeys struttin’ their stuff! 🦃
too bad you cant hunt em from your home with thanks giving soon would be nice to bag a big tom in front of your house :biggrin:

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
too bad you cant hunt em from your home with thanks giving soon would be nice to bag a big tom in front of your house :biggrin:
Awww…not Eeny, Meenie and Miney! And Moe’s a real sweetheart. You’d like Moe…bit of a dimwit, but always makes it to his branch.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
E85E2AD7-78B0-4CC3-9B66-7BB5D55DEEDE.jpeg This guy blocked my road access for a good 15 minutes, stalking back & forth, then, he got up a good head of steam and chased me down the road like a dog, gobbling fiercely! No fear: that’s the hood of a pickup truck, which, I guess, looks exactly like a turkey.