Am I Crazy To Even Consider?

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This goes back to how many is too many? So we have enjoyed Louie and Newman very much. Louie is so very cat like - he wants and accepts interaction and cuddles when he wants and only on his terms. He isn’t too noisy though at mealtime he gets meowy and can be bratty to the other pets while I am preparing dinner. Not too bad but his manners and patience could improve.
Louie is very handsome with a glossy silky coat. He sheds some but not much. When he sleeps with us he tends to sleep on or right next to me. Sometimes he will try to get attention or petting during the night. I ignore this as I need a good nights sleep. He gets on the kitchen counter though he hops right down when I walk in as he knows I will set him down if he doesn’t. When we had company over the holidays, Louie completely disappeared. I think our son caught a glimpse of him once. All of this is to say he behaves as one would expect a cat to behave.
Newman on the other hand is the epitome of politeness, sweetness, beauty. He is VERY quiet. He is unobtrusively companionable. Mostly he will be in the same room I am in sometimes in my lap but more often within a couple of feet. He plays when invited to and settles when play is done.
At night he sleeps at my feet never disturbing my husband or me. So far he has made no effort to jump on the kitchen counter. He greeted our guests as if he had always known them though it was the first time they had met. He allowed pets and cuddles then settled down close by. He played with the laser toy with them and thoroughly entertained them. So far he doesn’t shed much though he has a lot of coat and I do expect that he will shed all that out as he matures.
We have the 2 kitties and 3 dogs. My logical brain says that’s enough. It says don’t rock the boat as all 5 get along wonderfully. My illogical brain wants another Ragdoll kitten. I find that I love Newman’s gentle presence. I look at him and can’t believe that such a beautiful animal is part of our family. Am I crazy for even considering a 2nd Ragdoll kitten?

Blueberries33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think it's really down to your home situation. Have you enough space for more animals? Can you afford more vet bills, food ect....

If yes I don't see any reason why not to expand your furfamily

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Blueberries33. We can cover the financials. I guess my concern is more how another kitty might fit in the group or totally upset the balance! It only took about a week for Newman to work his way into the family. I wonder if a new kitten would be accepted as easily. I guess I will just need to decide.

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So just to update. Hubby and I had a good discussion about adding another Ragdoll kitten. We have decided not to. Louie and Newman get along very well and we do not have any litterbox issues or fussiness between them. As much as I would love another beautiful Ragdoll kitten the risk of upsetting Louie or Newman and causing issues is too great. We love the kitten boys and will enjoy the two of them. It doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t love another kitten but means that we believe it best to limit our kitties to two.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
As much as I would love another beautiful Ragdoll kitten the risk of upsetting Louie or Newman and causing issues is too great.
Personally I think you made a wise decision. :thumbsup: Your husband and you took into consideration Newman and Louie's well being and didn't want to upset the apple cart. Plus you don't know how a newcomer would interact with the dogs. Should your situation change you can always add another Ragdoll kitten into your home but for now the old saying rings true, i.e. if it's not broke, don't fix it. ;)

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Yes - you are crazy. Welcome to the Crazy Cat Club !
Whatever you decide will work out I am sure. I have over 20 cats that have wandered into my life so obviously I am not the person to voice an opinion.
Best wishes to you ...

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~ Yes - you are crazy. Welcome to the Crazy Cat Club !
Whatever you decide will work out I am sure. I have over 20 cats that have wandered into my life so obviously I am not the person to voice an opinion.
Best wishes to you ...
Ha! I could so easily be you but at least for now we are going to stick with 2!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Good that you decided to keep it to two for the moment. At least you can provide more quality time to each, including the 3 canines. I wish I also kept it like that, but now I have currently 3 dogs, 3 cats and a hyper active 1 kitten (not including the outside cats I feed).

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good that you decided to keep it to two for the moment. At least you can provide more quality time to each, including the 3 canines. I wish I also kept it like that, but now I have currently 3 dogs, 3 cats and a hyper active 1 kitten (not including the outside cats I feed).
I do feel this is the right decision for our family. We both still work full-time though different shifts so all the fluffies want attention when we are home. That and the fact that we aren’t Spring chickens anymore which means we have to think about who would provide care for the kitties and pups should we reach a point where we cannot. We are healthy now and count that as a blessing but this thought played a strong role in the decision not to get another kitten. If we were 10 years younger I expect the decision would have been different.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I do feel this is the right decision for our family. We both still work full-time though different shifts so all the fluffies want attention when we are home. That and the fact that we aren’t Spring chickens anymore which means we have to think about who would provide care for the kitties and pups should we reach a point where we cannot. We are healthy now and count that as a blessing but this thought played a strong role in the decision not to get another kitten. If we were 10 years younger I expect the decision would have been different.
Exactly right. I was talking to my Bourbon the other night like she was human and since she is my favorite girl I was asking her if in case something happens to me could she get along with my husband or any of my children? You see, my Bourbon literally does not get along with anyone and anything and that night I was literally begging her to be nice as I explained I would not be there for her forever.

She walked away as her answer, with her butt and all. Typical bratty queen. Lol.