Am I being too paranoid about this litter?

sootypaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I went down a hole reading reviews for the World's Best corn litter, and the amount of low-star reviews that complain about bug infestations (weevils, flies, moths, cockroaches, pantry beetles; the list goes on and on) has me worried. My partner is extremely phobic of bugs, and our living area (where we also keep the litter box) is already very prone to having bad bouts of ants because it's ground floor and our screen backdoor faces a wooded gully. Which I can only imagine will get substantially worse if our cat starts tracking corn pieces all over the floor, particularly near the screen door.

Our cat doesn't seem to mind World's Best but I think at the earliest convenience, I'm going to be switching back to the A&H Double Duty that we've been using -- but that could be well over a week from now, and I know how quickly infestations can happen. :confused: I think at this point I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance that our living space isn't going to become a nightmare within the next few days just because of some corn litter. 😓

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't use corn litter because the first time I tried it my cat wouldn't touch it. I do have friends who use it without any problems. I think if you just keep the area clean and continue doing whatever you do to keep ants out you should be ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sootypaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't use corn litter because the first time I tried it my cat wouldn't touch it. I do have friends who use it without any problems. I think if you just keep the area clean and continue doing whatever you do to keep ants out you should be ok.
I think so too, if it brought in that many bugs it would be off the market.
thank you two; i'll definitely be keeping an eye on the area -- with it being winter, i don't think any ants will be problems, thankfully, which is the biggest issue we tend to have.

kitty tracking corn dust pawprints around the furniture, however, is something that i'll have to deal with in the meantime...

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't have a problem with it beyond the fact that it did get stuck between Delilah's toes... and my back wasn't having the bend and scoop any more. So I switched to the scoopfree litter box with Crystal litter.