Am I bad cat mom?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

C@thulhu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, just a note of sympathy and support. I felt the same way you did, especially when I would see articles that advised you to play with your kitty until you wore her out. In my experience of one, that never happened. But I did have toys she could also play with, safely, on her own, to burn off energy after I had tired or had to start working. I don't think I've ruined her yet, though the jury is still out 😛
I’m wondering if I introduced her to my home too soon. I live in a studio apartment and didn’t think it would cause any issues. Should I keep her in the bathroom so that she can adjust? I feel terribly guilty because I’m having adoption remorse, but I absolutely don’t want to give her up! I just need to be able to sleep and not have a break down every single day. It’s not good for her or me! I hope no one will judge me for feeling so unsure if I’m doing the right thing

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m wondering if I introduced her to my home too soon. I live in a studio apartment and didn’t think it would cause any issues. Should I keep her in the bathroom so that she can adjust? I feel terribly guilty because I’m having adoption remorse, but I absolutely don’t want to give her up! I just need to be able to sleep and not have a break down every single day. It’s not good for her or me! I hope no one will judge me for feeling so unsure if I’m doing the right thing
I kept my kitty in a bedroom with adjoining bathroom for the first 36 hours. I was expecting to keep her longer, but (a) the rescue told me when I picked her up that she would probably be ready for the full run of the house very soon (based on her personality), and (b) she seemed to adjust very quickly (never hiding) and would crave more space.

I'm no expert, but if your kitten is running around playing, I wouldn't confine her the bathroom for any lengthy period of time because where will all that energy go?

C@thulhu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I kept my kitty in a bedroom with adjoining bathroom for the first 36 hours. I was expecting to keep her longer, but (a) the rescue told me when I picked her up that she would probably be ready for the full run of the house very soon (based on her personality), and (b) she seemed to adjust very quickly (never hiding) and would crave more space.

I'm no expert, but if your kitten is running around playing, I wouldn't confine her the bathroom for any lengthy period of time because where will all that energy go?
Yeah, you are probably right. I guess we just wait it out. Thanks for not judging me!

C@thulhu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: Circe has been with me for a week and we both are doing much better! She still isn't napping as much but I am not feeling so overwhelmed! Thank you for all the love and support!