Am I A Bad Cat Daddy ?

PaulinPilsen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Like said above, feeding what the cat will eat is better then them starving on the street. If they will only eat hard, try to get them to go to a better quality hard to make YOU feel better. Cats are to be loved and enjoyed, not stressed over and forced into a life they don't want. before I knew better, and many years ago, I always fed my cats cheap hard food. They lived just as long as my spoiled ones do, and had a happy life. Vegatarian is supposed to be healthier for humans too, I have only known one of them in my life, and they are grossly overweight!
Right. I wonder about the commercialization of pet food. I think we all have had experiences with animals who have had long lives despite the “horrible” food we were giving them. But it does make sense to at least try for a healthy diet. So, I think I’m going to go for a brand that has a good balance of good ingredients and cost. I wonder about the Costco Brand? They give you a huge bag for a good price I think.

MissMiloPuss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Meow Mix is similar to Whiskas, it's low in meat content, poor quality animal derivatives and it's full of grain and carbs. I feed my cat on Wet food, grain free food with at least 70% meat content. The brands I feed are Lilys kitchen and Nature's menu which are British brands. They are similar to Nature's Variety I believe

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would also point out that I’m thinking about feeding my boy one 3oz can a day and then letting half of his diet be dry food. If I go that route once he finishes his giant tub of Iams kitten food he will be eating taste of the Wild dry food..... at least for now.

I’m thinking of switching because trying to feed my boy all wet is pricey because he dislikes his non fishy fancy feast. Dry food plus one can a day is closer to my price range. There is zero shame in that. It just is what it is.

Again if that is your price range, there is no shame in that. You can always change his diet later.