Am a little curious on what breed he looks like, am thinking Savannah but not sure?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donkeyslong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is going on 3 months old and weighs about 4 pounds.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What unusual markings! And what a beautiful kitten. I couldn't say about the breed, but maybe as he grows bigger his breed or mix will become more apparent. If you don't mind my asking, what country is he from? tabbytom tabbytom has a gorgeous cat that looks somewhat like yours, ear-wise.

We haven't spoken yet, but it's nice to meet you. Welcome to TCS! :hellocomputer:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
What unusual markings! And what a beautiful kitten. I couldn't say about the breed, but maybe as he grows bigger his breed or mix will become more apparent. If you don't mind my asking, what country is he from? tabbytom tabbytom tabbytom tabbytom has a gorgeous cat that looks somewhat like yours, ear-wise.
Oh, yes, nurseangel nurseangel , yes, January's ears were big when he was young. It's more proportionate now.

donkeyslong donkeyslong , if I'm not wrong, your kitty is a DSH Spotted Tabby.

tabby-cats

BTW, he's a cute handsome l'il fella :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The spots can appear in a Savannah or Bengal but spotted tabbies are a pattern that I have here. I also have some cats that had an African Dad in their lineage and domestic mom. Ear tips are lynx like on them and facial structure a bit different on two. The other two look like more domestic so it’s really hard to know. Big ears are precious! This kitty reminds me of my Prints. Named for his spots. Lol I don’t know what breed you have except for , very special and precious! I love your fur baby! Long tail and stunning face! Looks a bit Savannah in the facial features. As kitty gets older you may see other traits. Mine love acting like Cheetahs hanging around on tree limbs only in their case, they are on the rail of the bed canopy! Lol Does Kitty have a name yet?

donkeyslong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What unusual markings! And what a beautiful kitten. I couldn't say about the breed, but maybe as he grows bigger his breed or mix will become more apparent. If you don't mind my asking, what country is he from? tabbytom tabbytom has a gorgeous cat that looks somewhat like yours, ear-wise.

We haven't spoken yet, but it's nice to meet you. Welcome to TCS! :hellocomputer:
I got him in Florida

donkeyslong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The spots can appear in a Savannah or Bengal but spotted tabbies are a pattern that I have here. I also have some cats that had an African Dad in their lineage and domestic mom. Ear tips are lynx like on them and facial structure a bit different on two. The other two look like more domestic so it’s really hard to know. Big ears are precious! This kitty reminds me of my Prints. Named for his spots. Lol I don’t know what breed you have except for , very special and precious! I love your fur baby! Long tail and stunning face! Looks a bit Savannah in the facial features. As kitty gets older you may see other traits. Mine love acting like Cheetahs hanging around on tree limbs only in their case, they are on the rail of the bed canopy! Lol Does Kitty have a name yet?
I named him chester, being with his spots he reminded me of the cheeto on the Cheetos bag.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

donkeyslong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is a beauty 😻 I don’t think he is a savanna see links etc. maybe he could be a mix of something, he looks more refined and delicate. He looks more Egyptian mau or ocelot look alike to me, see links.

Most likely a dsh spotted brown tabby. 😀

9 Spotted Cat Breeds (with Pictures) | Pet Keen
Thank you for the link,here is pic of dad with kitten, and a pic of mother.
671974037.jpg
671974136.jpg

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
The spotted tabby pattern is not exclusive to one or two breeds. It's not as common as other tabby patterns but it does occur in the random cat population. Savannah cats are rare, so it's unlikely your kitty has any Savannah in him.

I think you have a gorgeous DSH (Domestic Shorthair) cat with a spotted tabby pattern.