Always hungry!

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It’s been quite a while since I’ve had kittens so I can’t remember how much to feed them! We have two, both are 14 weeks. They are on wet food only and they both easily eat a 3oz can per feeding. How many ounces do they need a day? How much time between feedings?
I fed them at 7:30am, they split a 5.5oz can. It is now 11am and they are asking for food again.
My adults eat in the morning, at 12:30 and at 9. The kittens have been morning, 11:30, 4:00 and 9:00….either splitting 5.5 oz or eating a 3oz can each.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens are little food machines and need to eat at least 6 times a day and as much as they want. They grow very fast and need the nutrition. Do provide dry kitten chow 24/7 for in-between meal snacking as well as a dish of water.

The last kitten I raised (he’s almost 3 years old now) ate 6-8 small cans a day by himself, plus dry food.

Their food consumption will level off after they reach adult size and are spayed and neutered, but for the next few months they need extra feedings.

Erin80 Erin80

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, they are both growing and moving intensively a lot...

That said; the amount depends a little on what food they get. You write wet food, and wet food is usually of very good quality, even the cheaper brands.
But still be sure its no low fat diet variation... Kitten food should be more fat than with adults... Much proteins and much fat.

The other Im thinking on now, is if they are properly dewormed?