Alternatives to FF Gravy Lovers?

Raul-7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats have a love/hate relationship with Tiki Cat and Weruva. But LOVE FF Gravy Lovers; are there healthier alternatives to bridge the gap? Like Wellness or Tiny Tiger or Earthborn Holistic.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a little old but give it a try: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ninga/sets/72157630596066364

Have you tried Soulistic? It's made by the same company as Weruva and basically a less expensive version.

Do you only feed gravy based foods? The carbs are kind of on the high side. They're also less food for the money because the liquid portion is more than the actual food pieces.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Raul-7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is a little old but give it a try: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ninga/sets/72157630596066364

Have you tried Soulistic? It's made by the same company as Weruva and basically a less expensive version.

Do you only feed gravy based foods? The carbs are kind of on the high side. They're also less food for the money because the liquid portion is more than the actual food pieces.
They got used to gravy lovers; so they always want that watery texture.

Do you recommend Wellness - seems healthy and full with gravy.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can add water to pate food to make a sort of "broth". Add a bit of toppers like crushed up treats or a teeny bit of FortiFlora to make the food more appealing. Or buy pet food sauce / broth and mix with pate food.

Some other suggestions:

Wellness is a good brand IMO.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat liked Wellness, BUT every time I gave it to her, her stools were looser. I rotate among the different non pate (she hates pate), non fish Fancy Feast myself (too much fish being one of those things that I know seems to affect her tummy). Before she was on Sheba, but there are supply line issues and after a few weeks of only turkey or chicken cuts, she refused to eat it any more.

TardisDance

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My female cat is the same way; however, she came to me a hoarder rescue with dental issues and I think developed a strong preference toward dry food. Have you tried the Weruva Stews? She loved those for a while. Also the Friskies Lil Soups. She hated the Tiny Tiger Extra Gravy food; it was huge failure and I ended up donating a whole case. To add, I tried the Wellness Gravies but only the canned version was available locally and she was not a fan. Supposedly the pouches have more gravy and may be a little better.

To add, I recently adopted a younger male cat and he loves all wet food. I have found my picky female loves Tiny Tiger pates a lot, but she only eat 1 ounce at most. Maybe it’s the fish? It’s bit softer than Fancy Feast so who knows? She’s like this with most pates and I think she hasn’t quite mastered how to eat them.

Last edited: