Alternative to Natural Balance LID?

maiseycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maisey has been on the Chicken and Green Pea formula ever since it was suggested to me here for my cat's sensitive tummy. It has done wonders for her. I'm not sure how much is sensitivity and how much is food allergy, but she rarely vomits and is doing great. However, I have a concern with it lately b/c I read a review on Amazon saying that a new company packages its food for them now, and the formula has changed. Her cats have trouble with it. She has said Consumer Reports and others have been reporting problems. Anyone know anything about this? I notice the price has gone up, and the store that used to carry it in town went OOB and was replaced by Petco which doesn't carry the Chicken formula. I'm not out of food yet, but, in looking ahead, should I stick with LID, or are there other foods that work well for cats w/food allergies? I've tried Pro Plan in the past, and have done several sensitive tummy foods, but I think it's an issue of allergies. She was dxed with a food allergy, is susceptible to other allergies as well. Other problems were ruled out. Like I said, she's doing great and hate to mess with a good thing. But, if there are new issues with this food and the availability is decreasing, maybe it's time for a change. 

maraozza

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nature's Variety Instinct has 2 LID: Duck Meal Formula and Turkey Meal Formula in both dry and canned forms.

I can't say anything about their kibbles, never tried it, but Instinct cans are my cat's favorite.

I know, it is more expensive than Natural Balance LID, but it's for sure better quality.

You can sign up on the Nature's Variety web site and get a coupon to try their food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maiseycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks - I saw that one on Amazon. Also looking at Wellness Core. Boy, this stuff is expensive. It's a good thing it's only feeding one cat so it will last a long time! 

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like for cans before grain ,Innova , variety instinct ,wellness core , blue buffelo spa, I tryed more so many and stell trying brands

I like for dry Before grain , vcariety instinct , <only grain free ones I tryed

ever since I switched my cats to a grain free diet I had less issues with there vomiting etc right now there 100 grain free wet and 75% grain free dry trying to dilute the grain out of there dry getting there thou