Alnutrin Vs. Ezcomplete

Lisa152

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can someone walk me through the differences in these two? I understand that with ezcomplete, it's simply to be used with muscle meat and Alnutrin must be mixed with boneless meat plus other organs, but why the GIGANTIC price difference? Am I missing something? Ezcomplete is $55 and makes 12lbs and Alnutrin is $20 and makes 40lbs. I surely must be missing something.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alnutrin is probably the most cost effective supplement mix you can use. It is a relatively "simple" product that contains just what is needed to create a food that will meet AAFCO nutrient recommendations. You only need to add meat and liver.

EZComplete as you say is formulated to be used with just meat. No need to add any organs. It also will create a food that meets AAFCO minimum nutrient requirements but goes a step further by including extras such as digestive enzymes, and green lipped mussel which may be of additional benefit to our pets over and above the AAFCO recommendations. Those additional ingredients add to the cost of the product.

Full disclosure: I am a paid consultant for FoodFurLife, manufacturer of EZComplete.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lisa152

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Alnutrin is probably the most cost effective supplement mix you can use. It is a relatively "simple" product that contains just what is needed to create a food that will meet AAFCO nutrient recommendations. You only need to add meat and liver.

EZComplete as you say is formulated to be used with just meat. No need to add any organs. It also will create a food that meets AAFCO minimum nutrient requirements but goes a step further by including extras such as digestive enzymes, and green lipped mussel which may be of additional benefit to our pets over and above the AAFCO recommendations. Those additional ingredients add to the cost of the product.

Full disclosure: I am a paid consultant for FoodFurLife, manufacturer of EZComplete.
Thank you for your honesty. So, are my calculations correct then?
2 5lb kittens fed 5% body weight=4.8oz each round up to 10oz each day
10oz*30 days=300 oz meat per month (18.75 lbs month)
Ezcomplete is $55 which covers 12lbs meat
So I would need roughly 1.5 pkgs of ezcomplete per month for two 5lb kittens which would make just the ezcomplete $82 plus tax/shipping per month? That doesn't seem right as it would be more than the meat from Hare today. Am I doing something incorrectly?
Thank you for your help!

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need 26.65 grams of EZC per 1 lb of meat. So for 18.75 lbs of meat you need 500 grams (18.75 * 26.65) of EZC.

450 grams of EZC costs $54.75 or about $0.122/gram. So the 500 grams of EZC you need would be about $61.

On the EZComplete web site the image for the 450 gram ( $54.75 ) is actually the 225 gram size which makes only 12.1 lbs of food. Is that where the confusion is?

Also, when it says "makes 12.1 lbs of food" that means it makes 12.1 lbs of finished food which is the weight of the meat plus the weight of the EZC plus the weight of the water added.

Here are the instructions of using EZC:

How to Prepare and Feed EZcomplete fur Cats

Last edited:

Lisa152

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You need 26.65 grams of EZC per 1 lb of meat. So for 18.75 lbs of meat you need 500 grams (18.75 * 26.65) of EZC.

450 grams of EZC costs $54.75 or about $0.122/gram. So the 500 grams of EZC you need would be about $61.

On the EZComplete web site the image for the 450 gram ( $54.75 ) is actually the 225 gram size which makes only 12.1 lbs of food. Is there where the confusion is?

Also, when it says "makes 12.1 lbs of food" that means it makes 12.1 lbs of finished food which is the weight of the meat plus the weight of the EZC plus the weight of the water added.

Here are the instructions of using EZC:

How to Prepare and Feed EZcomplete fur Cats
Thank you! Yes, the pkg was throwing me off completely! I was basing numbers off the incorrect weight. I'm still very interested in it, but it is slightly frightening that it is close to the cost of the meat. I had figured ezcomplete would be cheaper than premade foods like Primal, but it isn't ending up that way.
Thank you again for your help!

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should also mention that if you are able to buy in bulk, at least 4 of the 460 gram packages, you can take advantage of their 20% off deal. In that case the cost for enough EZC for 18.75 lbs would be $48.80 rather than $61.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used Ez Complete for a few months when I first started with home cooking. I did not want to feed raw, but I also no longer wanted to feed commercial cat food. I started by using Ez Complete for a perfectly balanced cat food. Yet, I have 6 cats and after a few months, it was just way too much money for me. I had to move towards purchasing my own supplements. Using Ez Complete when you are first starting out is easy easy easy. My cats really liked it too. They are an excellent company with wonderful customer service.

If you are located in the US, I have an unopened bag of EZ Complete. I thought I had finished all of my bags, but ended up finding an unopened bag in my cupboard. It was purchased in May. It is the large bag. I am willing to send it to you for only the cost to ship to you as long as you are in the US. If interested contact me through PM.

Lisa152

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awesome!!!! I just sent you a pm!

Last edited:

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
EZComplete:
  • use with boneless meat
  • contains Omega-3 source (green-lipped mussel)
  • contains digestive enzymes
  • more supplement pre-mix needed per pound of meat
  • more expensive than Alnutrin

Alnutrin:
  • use with meat + organ OR meat + bone + organ (purchase the appropriate formula)
  • does not contain Omega-3 source (add your own!!)
  • does not contain digestive enzymes (add your own if desired)
  • less supplement pre-mix needed per pound of meat
  • less expensive than EZComplete

I consider EZComplete to be the superior product, but it is significantly more expensive. Ultimately, it depends on how you are sourcing your meats. If you want to purchase boneless meats only, use EZComplete. If you want to include fresh organ and/or bone, use Alnutrin.

And since some cats seem to dislike EZComplete, I would definitely request a sample first. Alnutrin is a more "bare bones" supplement in that it just contains the essential vitamins/nutrients, and cats seem to more readily accept it. You can also request samples of Alnutrin.

I've used both products and my three furbabies seem to like both. I don't use either product on a regular basis, however. I typically use my own supplement mix when making batches.

Lisa152

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
EZComplete:
  • use with boneless meat
  • contains Omega-3 source (green-lipped mussel)
  • contains digestive enzymes
  • more supplement pre-mix needed per pound of meat
  • more expensive than Alnutrin

Alnutrin:
  • use with meat + organ OR meat + bone + organ (purchase the appropriate formula)
  • does not contain Omega-3 source (add your own!!)
  • does not contain digestive enzymes (add your own if desired)
  • less supplement pre-mix needed per pound of meat
  • less expensive than EZComplete

I consider EZComplete to be the superior product, but it is significantly more expensive. Ultimately, it depends on how you are sourcing your meats. If you want to purchase boneless meats only, use EZComplete. If you want to include fresh organ and/or bone, use Alnutrin.

And since some cats seem to dislike EZComplete, I would definitely request a sample first. Alnutrin is a more "bare bones" supplement in that it just contains the essential vitamins/nutrients, and cats seem to more readily accept it. You can also request samples of Alnutrin.

I've used both products and my three furbabies seem to like both. I don't use either product on a regular basis, however. I typically use my own supplement mix when making batches.
That is fabulous feedback. Thank you!!!!! What recipe do you use for your supplements?

caro123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I went with the EZ complete mainly because never gave them homecooked or raw other then the 10% or under amount and not as a total diet. I was more concerned about using up meat I buy for myself without wasting it. Seemed reasonable to use it for the cats or dog too.. So if I have roast beef or sirloin I can cut off a 1.5 oz piece just sear either side cut it up add the EZ -1 little scoop a little water for gravy and voila dinner. I can not at all get over the idea of raw chicken or hamburger so I cook that. My 18yo male loves the raw beef( I consider a chunk of beef just seared on either side to be raw} I remember now why I didn't go with the Alnutrin- looked like you had to use more meat in the recipes and wasn't sure if the old boy would go for it- stupid me forgot he was a feral at one time.