Almost Crushed My Kitten!

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if the health forum is the proper place for this, but here goes. I dropped the tv remote, and the batteries went flying out. I found one of them but suspected the other one rolled under the recliner. I tipped the recliner over to see if the missing battery was there, and I put the recliner back down--right on top of my seven month old kitten. I didn't see him sneak under there. I know it was dumb not to check first. The recliner was only on him for a couple of seconds, but it is a really heavy recliner. He is running around playing now and seems fine, but I am really freaking out and worried that he could have an internal injury of some kind. Am I just worrying too much? Should I have him examined by the vet just in case?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello tabbysia, sounds like your kitty is ok since he's running around. He could just gotten a fright earlier when the recliner came down and probably he was out in a flash as they have super responsive reactions.

Anyway, it's better to keep an eye for any limping and other abnormalities. If there are, bring him in to the vet asap :wink:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful with recliners in general! Cats have been killed while sleeping inside.