Allow Me To Introduce Ourselves..

SpoiledKits

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Greetings! :wave3:

I've been lurking for a few months and decided to finally make a profile. To start - I've had quite a few special cats in my life. (I know y'all like pics so please enjoy! :camera:)

• Mac was a tuxedo cat. He was an indoor/outdoor cat and was a great boy.. loved his belly rubs. :redheartpump: Our first family cat. He passed away at 15 years old.

• Sam was a Bengal cat. He was indoor only, but managed to run away when he was 3 years old. I was so devastated. We had signs up everywhere but never got a call...I hope one of our neighbors found him and decided to keep him, as opposed to a coyote getting him. :sigh:

• Rosie was a Maine Coone indoor only kitty. She ran away 2 weeks after Sam left. She was about 1 years old. It was a really rough time. Again, I hope one of our neighbors found and decided to keep her as opposed to a coyote getting her. They were such beautiful and loving cats. :sniffle: This is my only remaining picture of her.

• We have had a couple neighborhood cats that "chose" us. We can't let them inside but they do have access to a kitty door which leads into the garage with a heated bed, food, water, etc. They are free to come and go whenever -- it seems like we are just one of the daily stops.

Introducing "The Girls" (Bette & Greta)
  • Bette (named after Bette Davis for her eyes) is a senior kitty. We got her and her half-sister Greta a year or so after Sam and Rosie ran away. Bette is approx 13 or 14 years old, and would be considered the alpha cat of the house. She is a blue mitted ragdoll. Very vocal and loving. Bette will let you pet her, but only on her terms. She has "tolerated" her half-sister Greta for a while now. Bette thinks she is better than Greta. (I only have one kitten picture of Bette - none of Greta! :bawling:)

• Greta (named after Greta Garbo) also is a senior kitty. She is a seal mitted ragdoll with lots of health issues. Greta is allergic to everything and my mom has spent an enormous amount of time and money trying to make Greta's life as comfortable as possible. Greta use to be on the "outside" (so to speak) and wouldn't seek out attention-- until we realized how serious her health problems were. Once she started feeling better, she became much more receptive to the love we were trying to give her. She seems to get better for a little while, then regresses. Right now she's back on the mend and is getting a specially formulated shot (provided by the cat-only vet we take her to) every 4 days... The hope is it will make her less allergic to everything.

"The girls" together during their health issues ---

I'll be posting here in a few minutes to update you with my two newest additions. :camera:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpoiledKits

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, my living situation has changed in the last year (moving out of parents house) and I was dealing with quite a few personal issues when two new kitties came into my life. They are siblings, 16 weeks old. I called them "The Kits" right now to keep them separate from "The Girls" (Bette & Greta).

• Felix is the tuxedo kitty (had no idea about Felix the cat cartoon until after we named him!). He is such a love bug. He will cuddle up next to me and let me touch his paws and rub his belly. A total purr machine.

• Maimu (mye-moo-- means "little" in Estonian) is the all black kitty. Again, a complete love bug. She is quite a bit smaller than Felix, but she has more teeth than him and has a mean bunny kick. She will bump our noses together and fall asleep on my chest.

And here are a couple group shots.

I have so many pictures, it's hard to choose. Anyhow, super glad to be here! :bunnydance:

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome! You have a wonderful furfamily.

I was this ‘ ’ close to naming my latest addition Felix but we changed our mind at the last second. He is a brown mackerel tabby though.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-421021.gif
SpoiledKits, Bette, Greta, Felix and Maimu, a warm
IMG_3653.GIF
from all of us
IMG_3865.JPG
here at The Catsite.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

So sorry to hear about Mac, Sam and Rosie and hopefully, Sam and Rosie are safe in someone else's home.
Thank your for taking care of the neighborhood cats. Bless your heart.

You may continue to post photos of your fur babies here or do check out this forum fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 and post photos of what your kitties are up to and also join in the current treads three and you still have time to join in our January photo contest here in
january-picture-of-the-month-younger-and-older.387501

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eating out of the same dish, adorable, good to have a picture of it. That way you can show it to them when they fight. You're in for so much fun with baby wrestling, learning to swear and practicing, learning to climb, learning everything!

SpoiledKits

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:wave2: Thanks so much everyone. Glad to be here!

K Kflowers Very soon after that picture was taken, Maimu started growling whenever Felix got near the food bowl. She would hunker over the bowl and put both paws in the dish and push him away with her body. :lol: Now I have two dishes so there isn't any competition.

I haven't had kittens since Bette & Greta (over a decade ago) - and I do not remember them being as rambunctious as Felix and Maimu. I haven't had a good night sleep in a while! Also, they are SO loving and pure. Not all cats are like this... they are special.

I got them when they were slightly younger than 8 weeks old (it was an accidental litter apparently and they were the only two surviving kittens) and the lady wanted them to go together as a pair, but she was willing to separate them/send them to different homes if needed because she wanted them out of her house by the end of the day.
My parents are in awe over the Kits and refer to them as their "grand kits". :crackup: My mom attributes their sweetness to me, but there is NOTHING I did that could have made them such good kitties. I don't know what it is about them, but they make me feel complete. :redheartpump: I feel so lucky to have them in my life.

SpoiledKits

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You're some photographer! This would be a picture of the day after a growth spurt during the night? Adorable!

Loved the story of girl claiming her bowl.
Thank you! Yes, that picture was taken just the other day. They are getting so big - especially Felix. I'm so glad I took lots of pictures to remember how small they were. :dancingblackcat:

SpoiledKits

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone! :heartshape: I'm glad I finally created a profile. I already know this is a great community.

Lots of love to all of you and your kitties!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
:heartshape: I'm glad I finally created a profile. I already know this is a great community.
Another welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley:We're glad you created a profile too and introduced us to your beautiful fur family. I absolutely love that Greta was named after Greta Garbo! :thumbsup: