Allow Me To Introduce Älva

Caoimhe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!

I always struggle when it comes to writing introductions because I'm never quite sure what to write, so I will try to keep it simple. ;)

So yeah, my name is Alice and I live in the cold country of Sweden. I own (or perhaps am owned by) a Norwegian forest cat who goes by the name Älva. She is a tortoiseshell and white little lady, with the cutest little white tip of the tail. Älva recently turned 10 months, so she is still somewhat of a baby. This is evident in her behaviour, as she is still extremely playful.

Her name, Älva, is the Swedish word for "fairy." I believe it suits her quite well. :)

Älva is an indoor cat, but she enjoys walks out in her harness every now and then. She also has access to a cat-safe balcony from which she has a perfect view of her kingdom. ;)

Unfortunately, Älva has a condition called pemphigus foliaceus, which is an autoimmune skin disease. When Älva was about 17,5 weeks, she started developing blisters on her paws. In just a matter of days, she went from having normal, pink paw pads, to having them covered in yellow blisters. Thankfully, we managed to get a diagnosis very quickly with the expert help of a dermatologist, and Älva has been on medication ever since to keep her illness in check. Although it CAN be a very painful disease, Älva has never shown any signs of pain whatsoever, and it is still restricted to her paw pads only at this point. So she is still a very happy and carefree littly cat, and since her medication can easily be hidden in treats, she enjoys eating her medicine as well. ;)

Well, I believe that's all for now. I will end this introdution with a picture of the little baby. :wink:
DSC_3096_2.JPG

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
589F17B1-EC00-4615-B489-8FF3F995A109.gif
Alice and Älva, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
B9474A7C-CC4F-4094-A008-9D6457585249.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Älva is indeed beautiful and we have a special thread here just for her in Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here! and also there are many fun threads here Fur Pictures and Videos Only! to showcase what your kitty is up to.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Älva is absolutely gorgeous. :catlove:

I've never heard of pemphigus foliaceus. It's good that you were able to get it diagnosed so quickly, and that you're able to keep it in check, so sweetie Alva doesn't have any discomfort. :hearthrob:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
She is stunning, especially her eye color! Welcome to TCS!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a beautiful girl! :heartshape: I'm so glad you were able to get an early and accurate diagnosis so that you can keep her condition under control.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! I am so glad you are on The Cat Site posting pictures of you incredibly beautiful kitty! I look forward to more pictures of the beautiful Älva! :redheartpump: