Allergies in the family: grooming/bathing my dsh

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
My little moggie is currently brushed and combed 2-3 times a week, has her nails done, and is getting accustomed to having the hair between her pawpads trimmed. She had one bath when she came home because of fleas and then everybody went on flea meds. I don't normally bathe my cats and since Willow doesn't have a fluffy tail, I expect her to be another DSH.

But her grooming routine needs to be more involved because we have allergies in the family. Laurel (one of my dogs) is already on cytopoint and will be starting immunotherapy soon, but she has very severe multiple environmental allergies. The most severe, according to her tests, is to cat dander.

Rehoming is not an option, but bathing is. Willow is not afraid of water. She is young and she can adapt. Are there special shampoos that would help? What do other people do when there are allergies in the family?

I am also interested in showing her in HHP if I can ever get to a cat show, so it would be fun to practice show grooming if she doesn't object.

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't agree with cat shampoos personally nor soaps. I prefer to cook, cool, then blend oatmeal to a thick gooey lather and use that; it's healthier on kitties skin and hair than chemicals. Specter gets this every few weeks and her fur is delightful