Allergies And Raw

anni7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
we swapped our three cats onto raw food it’s Australian one called Prime 100 single protein - this one is complete as opposed to cooked chicken we fed before.
The cats especially two brothers have allergies or intolerances suspected even IBD
anyone feeds raw for this ?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Personally, I think feeding raw for IBD cats is the BEST thing you can do :worship:

Many times even if cats have food sensitivities or allergies to cooked foods or the proteins in canned or dry food, they can eat it raw and be ok. (not always, but many times)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anni7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Personally, I think feeding raw for IBD cats is the BEST thing you can do :worship:

Many times even if cats have food sensitivities or allergies to cooked foods or the proteins in canned or dry food, they can eat it raw and be ok. (not always, but many times)
I noticed it as well it does happen

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the product web site: Category – SPD™ for Cats - Prime100

I wish kangaroo and crocodile based raw diets are available here in the US. :ruminating: My IBD cat is eating rabbit.

Any novel protein diet is great for a cat with IBD or food intolerances :agree:
I don’t know abotu kangaroo and crocodile but alligator is $30/lb in SF Bay Area. Defintely not an affordable option.

A novel protein only has to be novel to your cat, not all cats. I didn’t know any better so Krista was fed chicken and salmon all her life. Until problems started. For her, turkey was a novel protein.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure specialty butcher shops sell alligator and other exotic meats but at a expensive price. A commercially available exotic protein complete raw diet would be great but sourcing the meats would be difficult and the resulting product would be priced accordingly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anni7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes croc and alligator meats are very expensive here too, but the food we feed isn’t that pricy Prime 100 cost in Australian dollars $5 for two meals so daily ration for croc and $3.50 for two for other ones we feed turkey and duck single protein. Some wet foods we fed such as Ziwipeak were more expensive. We spend around $90 for cat food a week. This isn’t cheap but isn’t too bad.
Perhaps you can ask on the company website if they ship overseas I have no idea if they will as it’s frozen.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alligator is $35/lb at the local raw feed coop. I don't need to pay shipping on that but I do have to drive up and back for it. It's about a 3 hour errand. Alligator isn't even the most expensive though. I could get ostrich for $44/lb. But Krista likely won't eat any of those. That's why I'm glad that novel proteins just have to be novel to her. Turkey, duck, and rabbit are all novel enough.

Cindus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For her, turkey was a novel protein.
That's good to hear. I hope turkey turns out to be a novel protein for my tabby with suspected IBD. I just made a batch with HT's new 80/10/10 ground -- so it's 100% turkey, with Alnutrin. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping his continued problems are a result of a chicken allergy.