Allergies And Eggshell Powder

DeathZhade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there! So I've got a 2 year old Bengal called Akio.
He's allergic/intolerant to a bunch of things such as:
- Fish
- Chicken
- Turkey
- Duck
- Venison

I'd really like to feed him BARF as I'm not too happy with the products I can get here (in Denmark, mostly German brands.) It's been insanely hard to find anything at all, and about a year ago I changed to 100% wetfood with Ox, he got better but lost a lot of weight, which was not supposed to happen. As a last resort I fed him Happy Cat Sensitive Reindeer, as that contains mostly ox too.
But now the wetfood I use has started to swing wildly in quality and thus he doesn't really want to eat it.

My question is then, will he be able to eat eggshell powder, as that is in all the BARF brands I can find that are also without poultry or fish?

EmmiTemmi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He will probably be fine with eggshell powder, as it shouldn't contain chicken protein and is around 97% calcium carbonate. I've heard of other people who have pets with poultry allergies and they're fine with eggshells.

Let us know how it goes!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He will probably be fine with eggshell powder, as it shouldn't contain chicken protein and is around 97% calcium carbonate. I've heard of other people who have pets with poultry allergies and they're fine with eggshells.

Let us know how it goes!
:yeah: While there is occasionally allergies to egg and poultry, it is more common to be allergic to one or the other. I'd try a small amount of the food and see how it goes.