Allergic!!!

kabuki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm brand new to this...I've been looking all over for some info. I'm moving in with my boyfriend who already has one cat, a shorthair tabby. I'm planning on moving in with my two long hairs. Problem is...he's allergic...very allergic. It's a pretty big house and I plan on using a heppa filter along with cleanliness to combat the ammount of dander in the house...Does anybody have any suggestions or any products that might help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

Kabuki

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most people with alleries to cats will build an immunity on their own after time or they go on medication. All cat dander can be a little different. Regular bathing of the cats helps along with the hepa filters. Once he is around the cats more, he may notice a decrease in the symptoms.

elinor

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is something too called Allerpet. You actually spray it on the animal and it is supposed to cut down on the dander. I was going to try it as I have allergies to cats as well. When I got the two kittens it turns out they are not bothering me all that much.

The place I saw this Allerpet was in a large pet store called PJ's You could probably get it in PetSmart as well as other stores.Good Luck

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if this will help or not, but PetsMart and Petco sells "Kitty Wipes"..... supposed to be really good for people with allergies. Makes them nice and soft. I have used them and like the, other than the fact they smell like baby powder!

alloweyo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Those kitty wipes are the best thing since sliced bread! One of my closest friends is VERY allergic to cats, and now, all I have to do is vaccum before she comes over and wipe down the cats, and she can breath again.