Allergen Blockers/shampoo (note: For Allergic Human, Not Allergic Pets)

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I've become very allergic to my cat. I've heard of allergen removal products (they work like a conditioner or shampoo) such as
http://allerpet.com/product/allerpet-cat-dander-remover-for-cat-allergies/
and Anti-Allergen Pet Shampoo | Allersearch Laboratories
The trouble with these two products is that one contains rosemary leaf extract, which is supposed to be a neurotoxin in cats, and the other contains tea trea extract, which is poisonous to cats.
Does anyone have any other recommendations for such products?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm bumping this up for you. I've never found a product that I would be comfortable using on my cat. :(

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When our girls were kittens we bathed them with regular cat shampoo because of DH's allergies. I didn't use anything specific to removing allergens. This was what a family from our church did with their cat and DH could go there without having any allergic reactions. We didn't keep it up though. After we'd had them a while DH seemed bothered less by them.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I use Natures Miracle Allergen Blocker to clean the couch from time to time. I have found it is better to maintain medication on me (daily allergy pill and nasal spray) and limit where allergens can settle on the house. Hardwood flooring, no curtains, no throw pillows, etc.