ALLERCEPT Drops

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all! Has anyone done the Drops (sublingual) therapy for there cats? I know the other options are the shots but I don't think my kitty would like that.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I haven't, but I would much rather give shots to my cats then try to put something under their tongue. Maybe that's just me. We did have to give injections to one of our, and it was easy peasy. We did it in her scruff and she never knew it happened (or so it seemed). We'd do it during petting sessions and, honestly, she just kept on purring.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Subcutaneous shots are virtually painless, and very easy to give. I can even give one to my problem child, Hekitty...and FAR easier than clipping her claws! There are any number of YouTube videos on how to do this, or your vet can show you. Most cats don't even realize that they've had an injection!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Subcutaneous shots are virtually painless, and very easy to give. I can even give one to my problem child, Hekitty...and FAR easier than clipping her claws! There are any number of YouTube videos on how to do this, or your vet can show you. Most cats don't even realize that they've had an injection!
IMHO, anything is easier than clipping their nails :flail:(at least Tinky's nails!)