All Things Books and Reading Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rereading Raisins and Almonds, #9 in the Phryne Fisher series. Just finished The Green Mill Murder with its gaping plot holes and wasn’t in the mood for Blood and Circuses with Phryne being completely out of character, or Ruddy Gore with its too many, too undifferentiated characters. I do enjoy this series (except Murder and Mendehssohn - never again) but Greenwood really needed an editor who’d have sorted out her continuity and plotting problems!

Dakera

Life is a long happy cat
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! New on this thread, just saw it now! About reading, hmm…
I’m an avid reader, currently reading a fascinating book by journalist Patrick Radden Keefe titled Empire of Pain: The Secret History of the Sackler Dynasty.
Absolutely great book!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hey fellow readers! Just wanted to make sure y'all were aware of our TCS monthly book club. This month we're reading Agatha Christie's The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Since it's an older book, libraries should have it, plus it is free to download from Project Gutenberg. Everyone is welcome to join us. More info in the thread: April 2023 Book Of The Month Club - The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

I'm going to wait a bit before I start it, but I always have a book on the go. Right now it's Miller's Valley by Anna Quindlen.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm reading Matt Haig's The Midnight Library and am really enjoying it. I think we all have, at times, wondered how different our lives might be had we made a different choice in the past. And this is the premise of the book.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just finished The Paper Palace by Miranda Cowley Heller. It is always difficult for me when I despise most of the characters in a novel. But the end was absolutely amazing.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
still reading And the Sea Will Tell

planning on reading the Book the Month

Status
Not open for further replies.