All Things Books and Reading Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My cataracts are so bad I can only read on my tablet. I am actually listening to The Stranger Beside Me written and narrated by Ann Rule,] about serial killer Ted Bundy

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my book club's October read is one of my suggestions.. A Discovery of Witches. I just love that series.
I have it on my kindle, and have re-read it a couple of times. I am going to re-read it again. I just get lost in it.

We forgot to discuss the November book. We need another meeting to discuss that one. The books need to be ordered so we have it at the October discussion.

I was not alone in giving up For Whom The Bell Tolls. Only one person read the entire book! I rented the movie, and read at least half the book. There were not many people there. I was able to really add to the discussion. It was good.

I hope my suggestion is well taken.. This is a very fussy group of women...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've just started on "Dune: House Harkonnen." However, I think that I'll make the next one in the series, "Dune: House Corinno" my September book. I just don't like the Harkonnen family at all. They're depraved.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I started "Dune: House Corrino" last night. Although all three of these books have all three families woven through them, I'm thankful that the Harkonnens are no longer the main focus! Not that the Corrinos are much better. Buncha spoiled little brats, they are, but at least not actively malicious, sadistic and depraved!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished "Dune: House Corinno," finally, and have started "Tales of Dune," a fairly short book of short stories. It's going to be a bit of a relief after 9 books at over 600 pages each!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The Hike EBook, very suspenseful

The Godfather for the Book Club, I think we all now what it's about

I've downloaded several EBooks read for free from Kindle

The Four Winds by Kristen Hanna, Sis is reading it.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished "Tales of Dune," and was able to remove several short stories from my "to find" list, as they were among the stories in the book! YAY! I've now started re-read "Dune" for the first time in several years, and thoroughly enjoying it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Finished "Tales of Dune," and was able to remove several short stories from my "to find" list, as they were among the stories in the book! YAY! I've now started re-read "Dune" for the first time in several years, and thoroughly enjoying it.
Don't 'cha just love rereads?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I found a old style paperback edition of Game of Thrones, font is way too small for me. Has anyone here read the book?
I think I got it from the free book room at the library.

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I found a old style paperback edition of Game of Thrones, font is way too small for me. Has anyone here read the book?
I think I got it from the free book room at the library.
I have that series in small paperbacks, with small font. it's definitely not a quick read but I personally love it. If you like fantasy, it is highly recommended. There is a ton of detail though and can be a bit overwhelming.

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i am currently reading the children on the hill by jennifer mcmahon. a very good, spooky book for this time of year.
i have about 5 or 6 advanced reader copies of some books that i still need to get to, like the new john grisham, the boys of biloxi. perhaps i will start that one next. although it depends on my mood of course, i will probably end up at the library again anyway 🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.