All Things Books and Reading Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished "The Reckoning," and had planned to start "Swamp Spirits," but 2 pages in, I realized that I had an uncorrected copy. I immediately reordered it. If I get another uncorrected one, I'll order on Kindle. SO...I read "The Dead Heat of Summer," a Krewe of Hunters novella by Heather Graham, finished the, and started on "Haunted House," another novella in the Krewe series. I'll finish it tomorrow, at which time the new DeLeon will be here! I'm also waiting for several books in the E. J. Copperman "Haunted Guest House" to come in. #6 has already arrived, so there are seven more somewhere in the system!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished "Haunted House," then decided to read the "oopsie" copy of "Swamp Spirits," finished that and realized the the corrected copy was ON MY PORCH, took that as a sign, and started reading THAT. Laughing just as hard the second time around, reading back-to-back!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll finish up "Swamp Spirits," the second time around tonight, and move on to the Haunted Guesthouse series. I have eight of them. The last two are still hard-cover only, so I'll have to wait on the paperback version!

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I finished The Windsor Knot, I'd recommend it if you are into British royal and/or want a light summer read.

Currently reading Donald Miller's Scary Close, kind of like a memoir/essay about his journey of "dropping the act" and being authentic to achieve true intimacy in relationships. I forgot why I added this book to my to-read list but decided to read it anyways when it became available at the library. I'm enjoying it so far.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SO...I missed a few days. I was cleaning and getting ready for inspection, which I passed. However, in all of that, I still managed to read "Night of the Living Deed," "An Uninvited Ghost," "Old Haunts," and "Chance of a Ghost," and to start on "The Thrill of the Haunt."

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished "Inspector Spector" and am now reading "Ghost in the Wind." Just one more, and I'll have read all the ones I have. There are three more in the series, but two are only out in hardback right now. Have to wait on those.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished reading a book called The Hidden Feelings of Motherhood. It was a pretty good read.

So now I can start on Twenties Girl for book club.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK...since last Wednesday when I went into the hospital for my ablation, I have read "The Road to Dune," which is collected writing of Frank Herbert, letters to and from him, and a novella which is losely Dune, but with significant changes, I have also read "Dune: the Butlerian Jihad," and am currently reading "Dune: The Machine Crusade." These take place10,000 years before the birth of Paul Atredies, at a time when computers had gained sentience and taken over much of the known universe. It tells of the struggle of enslaved humans to gain their freedom from the Thinking Machines, and lets us understand why nothing resembling a computer would ever be allowed again...which directly gave rise to the Mentats, the Navigators, and the Sisterhood.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am still reading "The Machine Crusade," and will be for several more days. LOL, the Dune books are more "tomes," and take some wading through, with occasional bouts of mad dog-paddling!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.