All Things Books and Reading Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
so, did you know kindle has naughty books?? yes they do!! (someone told me ;))
Mia6 Mia6 Aha! Gonna check out some of those naughty books on Kindle, eh?

So does Nook. Um, not that I would know. I've downloaded a couple on Kindle, read them, and then deleted them. The LAST thing I need is for me to pass away and then have my son go through my Kindle books. At least Rick knows I'm a trollop (reading-wise!). My son does not! I could just hear him, "OMG! MOM! Mother!" :lol:

ANYWAY, I just finished a trilogy by Julie Klassen. They were OK.
The Innkeeper of Ivy Hill
The Ladies of Ivy Cottage
The Bride of Ivy Green

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished "A Case of Cat and Mouse," and am reading "Hooked on a Feline." "Whiskers and Lies" will be released in September, but in hardback. I'll have to wait on the mass market paperback to get that one.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have finished "Hooked on a Feline," and started "Checking Out Crime," by Laurie Cass, one of the Bookmobile Cat cozies.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished "Checking Out Crime," AND re-read "Flame and Fortune," and am now on "A Familiar Tail," book 1 of the A Witch's Cat series.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll finish "A Familiar Tail" about an hour after I'm through posting here, then move on to #2, "By Familiar Means." I love this series. I really do. It's such fun, and contains such gems as "but common sense was under the bed, and refused to come out." There are, most unfortunately, only three books in the series. Darn it.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished "A Familiar Tail," followed by "By Familiar Means" and "Familiar Motive," which completes the A Witch's Cat series. It's a pity that there were only three. I've seen far less-well-written books go to 10 in a series. At any rate, I'm now back on "Black Cat Crossing," book one of A Bad Luck Cat series.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ha!!!! that sounds good!!
A fun, light summer read for sure, even though it's about solving a murder....so far sentences that made me chuckle are:
"[that leaves the list of suspect to include] Sir David Attenborough..." :lol:
"[she loves Philip]....even though he's utterly mad half of the time..." :lol:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Finished "A Familiar Tail," followed by "By Familiar Means" and "Familiar Motive," which completes the A Witch's Cat series. It's a pity that there were only three.
I’m SO glad you mentioned these, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 ! I just finished two of the three and really liked them (particularly Alastair, of course :redheartpump: ). Alas, none of the libraries to which I have access have the third one. Drat.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am reading Last Days of the Dinosaurs - Riley Black

It's interesting so far. It deals with the impact in the Yucatan and the iridium layer found worldwide in the earth's crust. When I was in college, I wrote a paper about the iridium layer, so I find this to be very fascinating. The book is dealing with the area around Hell Creek in Montana.

Status
Not open for further replies.