All Things Books and Reading Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Yes, I read the entire series!! I was disappointed in the series on AMC. Many Many things were cut out; important character details, and some 'new" things were added in.

I have always felt the series should have been on STARZ.. They did such a good job with Outlander-- making it a continuing series. The same should have been down with ADW.. The second book, could have engulfed at least 2 seasons, such a wealth of information and characters in it.

I feel the first book, is the best! When I read it, there are so many items, things, events, mentioned, that I look them up on the web.. The depth of characters are unbelievable. I was hooked, immediately..
I remember reading it on my balcony, and being completely engrossed with it. The story just grabbed me. The writing was phenomenal; the characters, the entire storyline..

The Second Book, "Shadow of the Night" is really historical. Takes place during Elizabeth I reign ... I did learn a lot from the entire series..

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Death of an Honest Man - MC Beaton (Hamish MacBeth series) I'm going to start reading them in order, if I can find them from the library. There are 33 books in the series, I think.
She also wrote 30+ books in her Agatha Raisin series and I'm going to start those, too. Again, from the library.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Hamish MacBeth series)
They made a TV series of this in the mid 90s. Not exactly like the books, but I enjoyed it. I think it’s on Amazon Prime right now. And the Agatha Raisin series is on Acorn although I don’t think it’s nearly as good.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I now have ALL of the Dune books, with the exception of a couple of the short story collections that are hard to find, "Whipping Mech," which is nigh onto impossible to find, and a handful of the companion books ("The Science of Dune" and such), either on hand or on the way. YAY!

Am reading #4 of A Second Chance Cat series, "Telling Tails." I like Sophie Kelly/Sophie Ryan. Her cats all have a bit of "something extra," but remain very, very cat. For instance, the cats in "Magical Cats" are quite unusual. One can walk through solid objects and the other can disappear at will, both of which drive their human crazy. And both of these cats, plus Elvis of A Second Chance, seem to understand everything their humans say, and to respond to it...albeit in a very cat-like manner...leaving said humans questioning if the cats really do understand it all. I find this to be more engaging than the Mrs. Murphy books, although I enjoyed those, as well.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have now completed "The Fast and the Furriest (#5)" and am almost finished with "No Escape Claws." Next, I'll be reading "Claw Enforcement," almost certainly by later tonight.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
so, did you know kindle has naughty books?? yes they do!! (someone told me ;))

some i have read recently

the guest book

the house next door

now reading the school friend by alison james the first in the DI Rachel Price series that Mush told me about

going to reread the godfather
" killing me softly

"i am some name that stares with a K, about a woman who leaves a religious environment in the 60s in Canada

the godfather notebook
by Francis ford Coppola

the lake house

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GOOD LORD, THEY HAVE 400 PAGES OF THEM!!! Um, I was told...

Reading "Totally Pawstruck," will then catch up the two Magical Cats that I've never read, and the newest Bookmobile Cat. Are we sensing a theme here? After that, I'm REreading "Flame and Fortune." Someone on my Instagators FB page mentioned a couple of things in the book that I do NOT remember!!!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Currently reading "A Case of Cat and Mouse," #12 of the Magical Cats series.

AND...for Jana DeLeon fans, one of the ladies on Jana's Facebook page, "Jana DeLeon's Instigators," recommended a series by a friend of Jana's, Leslie Langtry, the "Merry Wrath" mystery series. Merry Wrath is a CIA agent outed and forced into retirement. She ends up living in a small town in Iowa, leading a girl scout troop. There are currently 22 books in the series, so my next 2-3 months of book buying are now planned!

Status
Not open for further replies.