All Things Books and Reading Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
First for me, with this type of book— kitty book.
Dead as a Doorknocker. By Diane Kelly.

Fast ready.

I have to start on my building’s book club book :
The Medical Examiner. By James Patterson with Maxine Paetro.
A very short book. Have to finish it by the 2/28

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, it took me TWO DAYS to finish it! I just kept reading and reading! I could not put it down. I've now finished a couple of Jennifer Crusies, and have started catching up on Heather Graham's Krewe of Hunters series.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on to "The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue" also for the February Book of the Month thread.
One third of the way through. Love it.
I have to slow down because I want to savor it, re-read passages, absorb it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finished Addie yesterday. It took about a week to read it, due to the fact that it is a long book, plus I also wanted to savour it and not finish too soon. Haven't started a new book yet, as can't seem to find one I want to read. I'll keep looking, though, and I'm sure something will catch my attention.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I may give "Addie" another read before the 22nd. Right now, "The Unforgiven." One of the Krewe books.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I may give "Addie" another read before the 22nd.
And I bet you'd note things you'd missed the first time. I can't reread books though, as I read too slowly, and Addie, in particular was a long book

Finally close Ruth Ware's "The Lying Game" to read next.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Now on to "The Forbidden," another Krewe book. They're very fast reads, and there is a formula. Girl or guy can see and communicate with the dead. Girl or guy meets member of FBI's Krewe of Hunters (who also sees/communicates with the dead), and together they simultaneously fall in love in a disgustingly short period of time and track down a truly evil killer, with the help of said dead. Girl or guy marries the FBI agent and joins the Krewe. But they're fun. And an easy read.

AND SPEAKING OF A DISGUSTINGLY SHORT TIME...I have to wonder if some tiny part of our divorce rate now is because of all the romance novels that suggest that falling in love forever is done over a week, or even a weekend? Do we inadvertently train young women to expect "instant love," when the reality is that it creeps in over time for so many of us? You can certainly fall in lust at first sight, and that can, if you are very lucky, become love, but it so very often does not.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished the book about poisons, re-read the Dexter series (8 books), then re-read last 2 In Death books, (Faithless and Forgotten), before starting the new one, Abandoned In Death. Still haven't started the February book, The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, but will probably start it in a day or so.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Currently reading "The Unknown," the last of the Krewe books that I have on hand. I think there's another, but it can wait until I can get it on Thriftbooks. There are many authors that I willingly pay full price for. Heather Graham is not one of them, unless I spot one I don't have at Walmart.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished Ruth Ware's "The Lying Game" last night. It wasn't the best book I've ever read, but it was a quick read, and I enjoyed it.

Now need to find a new book to read ...

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll finish "The Unknown" tonight, and will be catching up on Joanna Fluke's Hanna Swensen cozy mystery series. I really like this series, as it has wonderful dessert recipes (and some non-dessert choices, too!). After that, probably a couple of Steve Alten books. NO, no more of the "Meg" books. I'm (cautiously) going to try "The Loch" and Vostok," dealing with the Loch Ness monster. Let's hope they're not quite so graphically violent. I got tired of people being eaten early on in the "Meg" books...although how on earth you'd write thrillers about a Megalodon without people being eaten is beyond me. After that will come a handful of classic post-apocalyptic books, then, at some point, I'll be re-read all of the Whitley Strieber "Communion" books. And SOMEWHERE in there, I'll get to "Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone."

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
finished Abandoned In Death, started and finished The Hunting Party (not going to buy that author again - not for me!) and Talk Bookish To ME (cute rom-com - actually laughed out loud!) yesterday, plus started The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue yesterday.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished Gold Digger: The Remarkable Baby Doe Tabor by Rebecca Rosenberg. Based on the true story of a woman who goes west with her new husband to work his gold mine. I'm about to start The Mrs. Tabor by Kimberly Burns for a different perspective. I've also read the Wiki article about her. She seems like a fascinating person.

I'm also reading Mating in Captivity: a Memoir, by Helen Zuman about her time in the Zendik Farm cult.

I checked my Kindle Device content and currently have 358 books loaded, the majority of which I haven't read yet. I rarely buy a book, I either download the free ones or from Kindle Unlimited. My reasoning is that if I start it and don't care for it, I don't feel compelled to keep reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.