Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Currently a little more the half way through "The Four Winds."
I read it a while back. There aren't too many books that take place during the depression, so I enjoyed reading about what they went through.

I'm currently reading The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware. Really enjoying it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finished "Blind Descent," which tripped my claustrophobic triggers a bit, but I really enjoyed it, then read "Liberty Falling," which takes place on Liberty Island, and am now reading "Deep South." I'm learning quite a bit about our national parks with this series, Nevada Barr is a national park Ranger.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished "Deep South," read "Blood Lure," and am now reading "Hunting Season." As soon as I finish that, I'll be re-reading "Louisiana Longshot," the first of the Miss Fortune cozy mystery series, for our very own Book of the Month club, and I can't wait to revisit it!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to start re-reading One Thousand White Women, for the building's book club. I read it years ago. This was a suggestion of mine, which seemed to go over with everyone!
I hope they enjoy it. It is a much longer book than the previous 2.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finished "Hunting Season," but instead of starting "Louisiana Longshot," I'm reading "Flashback," which is set in Dry Tortuga National Park. And at some point, I've read another book, or seen some paranormal investigation show that was set there, and can't for the life of me remember which it was! Must do some googling.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I received the first seven Anna Pigeon books by Nevada Barr via Thriftbooks. I'll work on getting the rest of them.

Have I ever mentioned Karen White (apologies if I have)? Her books are whodunits, but with a wee bit of a paranormal feel. Nothing really scary. And I like the way she writes.

• Book 1: The House on Tradd Street
  • Book 2: The Girl On Legare Street
  • Book 3: The Strangers on Montagu Street
  • Book 4: Return to Tradd Street
  • Book 5: The Guests on South Battery
  • Book 6: The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street
  • Book 7: The Attic on Queen Street

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , I don't recall if you've mentioned them before, but I just put them on my wish list at Thriftbooks, and will add them to Goodreads and All My Books here in a minute!

Currently reading Barr's "High Country." I'm not overly worried about starting "Louisiana Longshot" before around the 18th since it will be the 5th or 6th reading. I'll do that whole series again, ending with the new one for dessert!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am rereading The Boys from Brazil, Then Miss Peregrine's School for can't remember somehing children. A teen/young adult book. I love books about creepy kids and these look very scary!! Has anyone else read read them?

Also The Guest Book...and almost time for The Cottage in the Woods about witchcraft is almost ready for me on Ebooks.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
I am rereading The Boys from Brazil, Then Miss Peregrine's School for can't remember somehing children. A teen/young adult book. I love books about creepy kids and these look very scary!! Has anyone else read read them?

Also The Guest Book...and almost time for The Cottage in the Woods about witchcraft is almost ready for me on Ebooks.
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children good book - 1st of a series, btw...

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a new series - started with #1 last week, now on #10. There are 18 currently, with another due out soon. here's #1 -
Playing with Fire: A Magical Romantic Comedy (with a body count) Kindle Edition
by R.J. Blain (Author) Format: Kindle Edition
is it good?

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finished "Winter Study" and have moved on to "Borderline." I think I'll be done with the whole series on the 16th or 17th, in plenty of time to start "Louisiana Longshot."

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama , I hope you're enjoying it! I laughed my way through most of it. I SO want to be Gertie when I grow up! Or maybe Ida Mae.

Finished "Borderline," and have started "Burn," so only two more to go. I'll have plenty of time to start "Louisiana Longshot"!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama , I hope you're enjoying it! I laughed my way through most of it. I SO want to be Gertie when I grow up! Or maybe Ida Mae.
I have an odd sense of humour, so I haven't been laughing the entire book, but I did literally LOL at a part that took place in a car at night. And yeah, Gertie and Ida Mae are my new role models. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.