All Things Books And Reading Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As a regional trucker,I order books from amazon so they are usually piled up when I get my mail. I will read just about anything that catches my fancy. In the cue now are...
Asoka(star wars). Currently reading.
Deaths acre(forensics). 4th or 5th time re-reading.
Harry potter complete set. Another personal favorite.
Access all areas. Rock and roll stories.

My ex and I spend good money on our cats. But the one thing I spend good money on for myself is any book I want.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've fallen in love with Rupert from "Cats and Curios." Utterly. That cat is so CATTY! And...shhhh! don't tell!, I want to SNORGLE IN HIS BELLEH FLOOF!
If that means what I think it does it sounds like a good way to get your face ripped off!

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tolkien's Lord of the Rings is on sale today for $3.99. Seems to be all major ebook retailers.

Edit: The sale ended early on Kobo.

Margret

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:paperbag: I accidentally followed an old link to this thread yesterday and couldn't find my latest message, and the site said I didn't have sufficient authorization to post. I was wondering what went wrong. Then I realized I was in the 2017 thread. :doh: As my dad used to say, I'd forget my head if it weren't glued on.

Margret

Last edited by a moderator:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tolkien's Lord of the Rings is on sale today for $3.99. Seems to be all major ebook retailers.

Edit: The sale ended early on Kobo.

Margret
I snagged a copy yesterday. This is the 50th anniversary edition. The hardback has wonderful full-color pictures and maps. I already have a set in paperback and an e-book set, but this is superior and has all corrections and prefaces. I love BookBub.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I snagged a copy yesterday. This is the 50th anniversary edition. The hardback has wonderful full-color pictures and maps. I already have a set in paperback and an e-book set, but this is superior and has all corrections and prefaces. I love BookBub.
I snagged one too. No full-color pictures, but the maps are there (without color), and the drawing of the West gate of Moria, as well as all the appendices. It has two prefaces about what they did to try to ensure accuracy! The runes in the text are awfully small (at least on the Nook Color), and enlarging the font doesn't help, unfortunately.

I used to read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings at least once a year, until my paperbacks wore out. Then at some point I put them on the Palm Pilot, which makes them very hard to get at now, and a friend gave me an epub version, but there are some obvious errors in it, so I'm very glad to have the official version once again. (Note: considering how many copies of these books I've bought at full price I don't feel even a little bit guilty about the epubs my friend gave me, and neither should he.)

Don't forget to revise your BookBub bookmarks as you acquire books on your Wanted List.

Margret

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm currently reading Friend Request by Laura Marshall. I'm enjoying the thriller/mystery genre a bit more so this is quite a gripping book.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished today's BookBub. Just in case you don't have it bookmarked, Dragonflight, by Anne McCaffrey is on sale today for $0.99. This is the first book in her Dragonriders of Pern series. (Am I the only one who thinks fire lizards are a lot like cats with wings?)

Margret

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just finished today's BookBub. Just in case you don't have it bookmarked, Dragonflight, by Anne McCaffrey is on sale today for $0.99. This is the first book in her Dragonriders of Pern series. (Am I the only one who thinks fire lizards are a lot like cats with wings?)

Margret
I have both paper and electronic copies of most of McCaffrey books, so didn't need this one. I do agree the Fire lizards are like cats with wings.

I finished Earthrise, the first in the 4-book set Her Instruments. Very good writing. It was one of those I couldn't put down.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm still working on "How to Tail a Cat," and falling even harder for Rupert, whose first love is fried chicken.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One of my aims for 2018 is to find more time for reading. I love books, I just have so many other things to fit into a day that I don't read as much as I'd like to.

I was given an Amazon gift card for Christmas so bought a couple of things I've been wanting to read. A Japanese friend, who studied English Literature at university, has just lent me his English book collection. So now I have a whole shelf full of books I haven't read yet, or haven't read since I was in school.

I've just started Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness.

Bear with me Book People, I may be very, very slow to finish a book.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just finished "Here's to Us" by Elin Hilderbrand. I enjoyed it enough that's I'd read another of her books.
Just started "This is How it Always Is" by Laurie Frankel.

Good luck with your reading Norachan Norachan . I go through spells when it read very slowly, in fact last summer I had library e-books expiring before I finished them, which means I couldn't read a book in 21 days. Now that it's winter I spend more time curled up with a book, well e-reader. ;)

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my aims for 2018 is to find more time for reading. I love books, I just have so many other things to fit into a day that I don't read as much as I'd like to.

Bear with me Book People, I may be very, very slow to finish a book.
It doesn't matter how fast or slow you read a book, the enjoyment is in expanding your world.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm going slowly right now, myself! I've been reading "How to Tail a Cat" for a full three days! HOWEVER, I just checked the budget for the month, and I believe I can place a very modest order with Thriftbooks without breaking the bank!

Status
Not open for further replies.