All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
:woohoo:I'm # 3 on 10 copies for my library's e-book of Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone, Outlander Series, Book 9, by Diana Gabaldon, expected release date of November 23rd. So as soon as they get it, I get it. :woohoo:

Now if I could just remember how book 8 ended. :headscratch:
I need to get back to those books, though I can't remember which one I left off at.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I checked my email this AM, I had one from my library advising "Bees" was ready to download. So did that right away. Because I don't like reading 2 books at the same time, I'll probably finish the biography first.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
It’s held up really well; the writing style felt contemporary.
I wrote this statement about the Rex Stout Nero Wolfe books, but having read two more, I have to correct what I said. He uses language to refer to individuals or groups that is offensive today. :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I wrote this statement about the Rex Stout Nero Wolfe books, but having read two more, I have to correct what I said. He uses language to refer to individuals or groups that is offensive today. :(
Racist, bigotry?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This thread is pretty quiet, with just a few posts here and there. Guess everyone is busy with other things.

Anyone reading/lurking, if you're looking for some short reads, we're doing Christmas short stories this month in the book club. And all are easily available to read for free online. If you want to join us, and the more the merrier", here's the thread with all the info: December 2021 book of the month club

Other than the short stories, I'm still reading "Go Tell The Bees That I Am Gone". It's good, but L-O-N-G at over 900 pages (1300+ on my ereader) I'm about 40% through, but with only 10 days left on my library loan I'm starting to feel the pressure to read faster. :read:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I just finished Ann Cleeves’s most recent, The Heron’s Cry, the second Matthew Venn book. She’s also the author of the Vera Stanhope and Shetland books, both of which have been made into TV series. Good books, good shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.