All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finished Girls with Bright Futures. Have now downloaded Matthew McConaughey's biography, Greenlights, which should be completely different.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’m reading through the Leann Sweeney books thanks, if I remember correctly, to a mention by Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 . :heartshape: I wish she would write more, but I read that she has some serious health issues.
I had read that, as well. I know there was supposed to be another book coming out, "The Cat, the Boy and the Bones." I so hope she will be back again! I love the fact that, although her cat characters are central to her stories, they remain...cats. And you can't get better than that!

I just started reading "Incantation" by Alice Hoffman.
It's hard to get better than Alice Hoffman. I love her prose. She celebrates the small, everyday magics in a truly wonderful way.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I had read that, as well. I know there was supposed to be another book coming out, "The Cat, the Boy and the Bones." I so hope she will be back again! I love the fact that, although her cat characters are central to her stories, they remain...cats. And you can't get better than that!

It's hard to get better than Alice Hoffman. I love her prose. She celebrates the small, everyday magics in a truly wonderful way.
This is only the second book I’ve read by her, the first was Turtle Moon. I’m really liking Incantation. I agree I love her writing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have books from other libraries that have been "in transit" for over 2 weeks which is odd. I wonder
if they are back to disinfecting and quarantining because of the Delta variant?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I have books from other libraries that have been "in transit" for over 2 weeks which is odd. I wonder
if they are back to disinfecting and quarantining because of the Delta variant?
That is odd. They might be taking extra precautions, but it shouldn’t take that long. Maybe it’s a staffing shortage issue.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SO...I have finished the Pru Marlow series (to date) and am reading Spider Robinson's "Mindkiller." Many of Spider's books are funny and punny, but there are several that are not. This is one of the latter. It is the first of the Life House series, and explores a rather insidious, horrifying subject...extreme pleasure as mind control.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Having finished "MindKiller," "Time Pressure," and "Life House," and having realized that "DeathKiller" is simply an omnibus of the first two, I am now reading all of the Charles de Lint Newford books in order...with the exception of "Dream Underfoot" (#1), which I read a very few weeks ago. I have finished "Memory and Dream," and am currently reading "The Ivory and the Horn."

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I definitely will but you'll have to be patient. I can't read at night because it puts me to sleep within 10 minutes. I can only read in the daytime if I'm not out or busy. I usually have to renew a book several times for this reason.
I just checked out the ebook but have several others to read first. If I get to it before you, I’ll post!

Status
Not open for further replies.