Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thinking I want to re-read, "Crawdads"... to look for clues.. I have a person who likes mysteries, but I do not feel he would enjpy this book. I am taking I will keep the book for myself, to re-read.
The last couple chapters were really WOW

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to start a new Book: Her Last Flight by Beatriz Williams

Takes place in 1947, with a photographer and war correspondent; investigating the disappearance of an aviation pioneer, during the Spanish Civil War. She finds his last student, an protege; currently living in Hawaii. While trying to re-visit his last flight in 1937, she discovered bits and pieces of the student/protege's incredible life...

This is fiction, but sounds so interesting....

I love WWII inspired novels... historical fiction; and mysteries..

Believe it or not; I learn a ton of history while reading, well researched historical novels. I have an affinity for WWII... and such...

As an example: I forget the author or title of the book; but it was about the formation of the WASPS
before and during WWII.... and the bombing of Pearl Harbor. It was fiction, but based on a lot of fact.. things I did not know. So Interesting...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm now reading "Widdershins," one of the later of de Lint's Newford books. I did, however, order all of the Newford collection today, so I can do them in order. No such thing as too much de Lint.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
slowly getting my big book read ... my hands cramp on me from writing so im doing breaks when i can
You should look into downloading books, either onto a e-reader or a tablet. Much lighter, especially when it's a big book that you're reading. Though e-readers can't do *everything* a book can. ;)

1628003300234.png

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have an eReader with several books on it. I STILL prefer print books. I love to read in the bathtub, and have not dropped a book into the water in well over 20 years. I'm not so confident about an eReader. And they just aren't as huggable as a print book, and I tend to hug books when I read something I really like!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I finished de Lint's "Widdershins," as well as "Star Dancer" by Spider and Jean Robinson, and am now reading "Starseed," the second in that...erm...~whispers softly, so Spider can't hear~ trilogy. For some reason, Spider despises trilogies. He much prefers "three book series."

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, lots of people still like books better. I thought I would, as well, but once I read my first book on an e-reader, there was no going back to real books.
I thought I would hate e-readers but I found out they're awesome. I still read paper books, but with the e-reader you can have any number of books with you at any time in case you want to start something different. Plus, it takes up less room than paper books.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And am now reading "Starmind." AND my copy of "An Incantation of Cats," the second of the Witch Cats of Cambridge, came in, so I can finish off what I have of that series when I finish "Starmind."

Status
Not open for further replies.