All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have you ever read The Constant Gardener? ha!!
I thought maybe you were joking, but Google advises that's a real book. And, nope, never read it. But my library has the e-book, so maybe I should. :) Though reading the description, doesn't sound a lot about gardening. :hmmm:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought maybe you were joking, but Google advises that's a real book. And, nope, never read it. But my library has the e-book, so maybe I should. :) Though reading the description, doesn't sound a lot about gardening. :hmmm:
hee, hee, no it's not. I have the book. I loved the movie, then got the book for free from the Library
free room where you can get as many book, dvds,that you want and can leave a donation.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Have you read "Before We Were Yours" by Lisa Wingate? If not, put it on your "to read" list, as it's a good one.
I am SO glad you recommended this book, rubysmama rubysmama ! I just finished it, and it was a wonderful story…although the backstory of the history of the children’s home is horrifying. There have always been people who consider other humans and animals as commodities to be treated and/or disposed of as they wish.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am SO glad you recommended this book, rubysmama rubysmama ! I just finished it, and it was a wonderful story…although the backstory of the history of the children’s home is horrifying. There have always been people who consider other humans and animals as commodities to be treated and/or disposed of as they wish.
Glad you enjoyed it. I like novels that have historical aspects, as I can learn parts of history I knew nothing about. Though sometimes I almost wish I could have remained uninformed. :sigh:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have finished the entire Magical Cats series and am now on the second book, "Buy a Whisker," by the same author, although under the name "Sophie Ryan." Every bit as good as the first reading!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm re-reading Killing Me Softly, then going to start Westaway.

I have a book about the NSA and Edward-traitor-imo-Snowden, a DVD about Snowden.
I reserved and got 4 books and a CD audio by K.L. Slater then realized I've read them ha!!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently read Before We Were Yours and I have to say I am getting tired of books based on so much nonfiction that there is very little fiction left. The Bookwoman of Troublesome Creek is similar in that so much is available on Wikipedia that the story suffers.

Right now I'm reading A Man Called Ove. Don't know what to think about it yet.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I recently read Before We Were Yours and I have to say I am getting tired of books based on so much nonfiction that there is very little fiction left. The Bookwoman of Troublesome Creek is similar in that so much is available on Wikipedia that the story suffers.
Start reading some psychological thrillers!! They are all so fiction but fun to read!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just started "No Escape Claws," the last book I have in the Second Chance Cat series. Tomorrow or the next day, I'll start on the Pru Marlow, Pet Detective series by Clea Simon.

Status
Not open for further replies.