All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I just finished The Rose Code by Kate Quinn. It's about three women who work at Bletchley Park during WWII. I really liked it and had no idea who the villain was until the last few pages. I'll read more by this author. (Such a coincidence that I began to read it the day of Prince Philip's funeral. He plays a role throughout the book.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am reading a few books, The Forgotten Garden and a few on my tablet. I may read last month's
BOM, Eye of the Needle. The print is very small but if I can read on deck I think it will be ok.

What's everyone else reading?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm having a hard time getting into reading these days, and the only books I've read recently / currently reading are coincidentally the same as you, Mia6 Mia6 , which really isn't such a big coincidence, as they are our April and May TCS book club choices. :)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I’m reading Kate Atkinson’s Big Sky, but I’m struggling with her style of introducing new characters and subplots in each chapter. I’m a quarter of the way into the book and have no idea how they link together.
Are you going to stick with it? I just the review and now I want to read it!!:read:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Are you going to stick with it? I just the review and now I want to read it!!:read:
Oh, yes. I’ll finish it. I know she’ll weave it all together at some point , but I just wish she’d get to it! Big Sky is the fifth in her Jackson Brodie series. I’ve read the first two. The first one, Case Studies, was made into a TV show. BBC I think.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LORD HELP US, HOW DID I LOSE THIS THREAD?????

Well, I've read the ENTIRE Spider Robinson Callahan's series. And the Clea Simon Theda Krakow series. And "The Outlandish Companion, Vol. 2", and "Living Wicca," and have delved into "Herbs for Pets" by Wulf and Tillford. Next, I'm going to start rereading the Communion books by Whitley Strieber.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Today I think it will be able to read out the deck! Finally, temps in the mid 60s. I'll probably have to wear my
boots but I plan on going out. Cabin fever in May, ha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.