All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The Stone Circle - Elly Griffiths (That's the last I can read of the Ruth Galloway series until the library puts the newest one out in ebook)
It Takes Two to Tumble - Cat Sebastian

I just received Deadly Cross - James Patterson from the library. It was on Hold forever.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished "Boston Scream Murder," and am now starting "Jealousy Filled Donuts." That's the last of the series. I have several true ghost story books waiting for me. I'll probably start those next, or the Sweet Potato Queen books. They've been waiting patiently for a good long while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am overloaded with hard copy books and Ebooks, yikes!! and am having a hard time
focusing.

jcat jcat Tricia you've been quiet, what 'cha reading?

AlanParker1989

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Flowers for Algernon I’ve just finished this little book after being recommended by a booktuber I follow. It kind of disappointed me... I think I was expecting more. Yes, the ending it’s really sad but I found it somehow dry in places. I HIGHLY recommend “of mice and men” if you like little books about friendship and about mental disabilities. However, that one is also really sad.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A AlanParker1989 : welcome to our reading thread. And to TCS, of course. :wave2: We have a New Cats on the Block forum, where you can "officially" introduce yourself, and your cats.

I read Flowers for Algernon back in high school, and remember bawling my eyes out. I've often considered reading it again, now as an adult, to see what I'd think of it now.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been taking a break from anything resembling serious, and reading the Sweet Potato Queens books. Currently, I'm reading "The Sweet Potato Queens' Wedding Planner and Divorce Guide." And laughing myself sick.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Finished Deadly Cross - James Patterson and am reading Truth and Justice (Sisterhood series) - Fern Michaels. They were both books that I've had on Hold forever and finally came in for me to borrow.
I don't know if any of you have read the Sisterhood series by Fern Michaels; it's actually quite good and I recommend the books.

I've also been reading some books that I get for free from freebooksy. Warning: You get what you pay for. They're a good way to spend an hour or two, but nothing memorable at all.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, since Tuesday, I've finished the Wedding Planner/Divorce Guide, AND "The Sweet Potato Queen's Big-Ass Cookbook. Tonight I shall start "And Then She Was Gone." Considering that I've been reading LOL comedy for a week, I may get whiplash!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.
Cecil Frances Alexander 1818–1895

After watching All Creatures Great and Small on PBS a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to go back and re-read the book which I first read in the 1970s. It came as a three-volume set when I checked out the ebook from my library (ACG&S, All Things Bright and Beautiful, All Things Wise and Wonderful). I just finished it, and it really lifted my spirits. Lovely stories of caring and commitment. And sweet humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.