All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm scandalously behind on my reading. I have so very many on Fire and 3 from library
in hard copy I want to read. I know Rebecca almost word for word so I'll choose one
from my list. I do my best reading on a warm beach...wish that could be but not at this
point in time.🏖🌊🚤

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm scandalously behind on my reading. I have so very many on Fire and 3 from library
in hard copy I want to read. I know Rebecca almost word for word so I'll choose one
from my list. I do my best reading on a warm beach...wish that could be but not at this
point in time.🏖🌊🚤
I have a stack about 3 feet tall to read, and more on my Kindle. So me too behind!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a wild hair (whole wig more likely) and read the whole Harry Potter series last week. Well actually, about 10 days.

Today I started Lord of The Rings. It just seemed appropriate somehow. I'm in a mood for some dark Tolkienian poetry.

"From dark Dunharrow in the dim of morning with thane and captain rode Thengel's son: ...Doom drove them on. Darkness took them, horse and horseman; hoofbeats afar sank into silence: so the songs tell us." JRR Tolkien

Wow! Made myself misty-eyed there. Even leaving out the most powerful parts.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finished "Alfie, the Doorstep Cat." I love the Alfie books. They're simple, and sweet. And sometimes you need a break, right? Currently reading "The World According to Bob." Hard to think that Bob is no longer with us. Rest you gentle, Bob, dream you deep. You walk in millions of hearts around the world, forever.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After completing my 36 books in 2020, I've been taking a break to go back to video games for a while. My parents got me a gift card to Amazon that I was supposed to use to buy Nintendo games for my Switch, but when I told them I spent all the money on Kindle books they jokingly said they were "embarrassed." :flail:

Many of my favorite authors have books coming out in the spring, but I'm not sure what to read in terms of novels at the moment!

I recently bought a year-long subscription to "Big Issue" which is a magazine brand that helps empower homeless people. It's the Korean edition, so I suppose I could spend time translating the articles. It will be good language practice, I think!

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read 3 books in the past week.
The first was The Lions of Little Rock . This was a reread; I love this book.
The second book was Speak. Another reread. It is a very heavy and sad book. I love the way it is written.
The third book I finished today; Mexican Gothic. I did not like this book at all. The first two-thirds of the book were boring and then last one-third was disturbing and rushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.