All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
This small book of poems has been out awhile, but a neighbor just shared a copy with me. It really made me smile, and who doesn’t like that?! The first photo is the book cover; the second and third are two of the poems, “written” by cats.
3E3CFBDB-BEDA-4E88-953E-F7E17A6976F2.jpeg
84488118-924A-4562-BC8C-638FD585F502.jpeg

E6478DC6-60FB-415D-8CED-27C2EEC37BE8.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I need that book.

Currently reading "How to Paint a Cat," and am deeply in love with Rupert yet again. He's just SUCH a cat! Hek has Rupert's build and Isabella's personality!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama , I voted...we'll have to see if the budget allows me to join this month. I can't go shopping in the stores, so I'm having to use Instacart, which eats up a LOT of my available cash!

Right now I'm on the second of the Cats in Trouble series by Leann Sweeney. My second reading of it. I'm hoping that by the end of this series, I'll feel up to diving back into some reading that requires a bit more concentration!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama , I voted...we'll have to see if the budget allows me to join this month. I can't go shopping in the stores, so I'm having to use Instacart, which eats up a LOT of my available cash!
You can download books to your Fire tablet, too, don't forget. Or do you find it easier reading actual books than e-books?

I haven't started anything since finishing Paths of Glory, however, I did download Sunny Hostin's Summer on the Bluffs (Oak Bluffs #1) from my library, so I'll probably read that next.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
i am determined to finish my book tonite lol ( book of wiccan/pagan references)
So ... did you finish it? :)

OMGOSH. A person from church gave me 2.5 boxes of books! For me and my friends in here. The leftovers will go to the building’s Library!!!!!

I picked out 20!

I had Better start reading!!!!
Twenty books!!! You're gonna be a busy bee.

1627208150499.png

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am now up to book 7 in the Cats in Trouble series by Leann Sweeney, "The Cat, the Sneak and the Secret." I've really been burning thought this series (re-read), but I'm hoping that I can go back now and start reading new books, and be able to concentrate! If not, I have plenty more series to re-read!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
That’s it. I can’t finish the Poppy Wars series by R.F. Kuang. I made it through the first two and 100 pages into the third, but it’s unrelentingly depressing and violent. I need happier fare to cleanse my mind.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished 'Where the Crawfish Song".. literally, just 30 minutes ago.
Wow...
just wow....

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I've lost my mind. OH STOP LAUGHING! I re-read "A Spell of Murder," the first book in The Witch Cats of Cambridge series, thinking that I had ordered the second book and had it, but I had ordered the THIRD book! I've now ordered the second book, and will wait on the third till I've gotten and read the second. In the meantime, I'll start re-reading Charles deLint's "Dreams Underfoot," one of his wonderful collection of the Newford stories. deLint is an extraordinary writer, and specializes in urban faerie tales. I highly recommend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.